Author Topic: Diary > Monday 21st June  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary > Monday 21st June
« on: Tuesday 22 June 21 14:12 BST (UK) »
Can't believe Monday hasn't been posted already!

Not much for me to report - I did however book an online appointment to get my eye check-up at Specsavers.   Usually go to branch in town centre but haven't set foot in town since 1st lockdown.   Made an appointment at branch in supermarket on edge of town so can easily park there.   3.30pm on 23rd.

Yesterday, advised that 2 parcels (DHL and Hermes) would arrive on 23rd - thought with my luck they'd both be delivered when I was at my eye check-up but to my amazement both were delivered today (22nd) both within the past hour.

Hope everyone is okay.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 21st June
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 June 21 20:28 BST (UK) »
My day was another ordinary day. Cool and cloudy, was waiting for a parcel. I missed the delivery on Sunday by exactly one minute, it was rescheduled for between eleven and one. Did some ironing, the courier arrived when I was having lunch. Tried on the cropped trousers I’d sent for, both pairs were exactly what I wanted and a good fit.
Out for a walk, needed a light jacket. The narrow path in the woods is getting increasingly narrower as the vegetation grows.
Decided to do the further amendments that would hopefully complete my portrait, am sick of looking at it now. Finished that, photographed it and sent to my art teacher. The weather wasn’t tempting me into the garden but I needed to do something physical, I can’t sleep if I don’t get enough exercise. Got the hoover out and did some cleaning, pulling out the sofas is quite physical.
In the evening I had a long chat with my friend in Devon ,always good to talk to her.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 June 21 21:51 BST (UK) »
Tried to book an appointment at a Dentist today.
The last one I visited worked out a plan of action which was to cost me £6,000——!For one procedure -  still  more to be done.
My teeth have really deteriorated in the almost 18 months of eye drops,despite cleaning my teeth after every meal.
I taste the drops and my teeth are quite discoloured now and many fillings needed but the teeth which were to support the new process are so damaged I don’t think that procedure can now be done.
I can see me being referred  to The Dental Hospital ,I had work done there years ago after an accident.
No NHS places anywhere but one does a a plan ,you pay more thanNHS but not as much as you would as a private patient
I have made a appointment there .I am under no obligation to stay .
I do miss my old Dentist he was just a few doors away from me and also  had  a similar plan based on how many years he had been your Dentist ,I was paying less than NHS fees.
A nice sunny day but not much done really ,on the phone for various things.
So tired - a side effect of “ drugs” —— I am a drug addict folks!

Do you remember the puppies I hoped to have one of. - there were not enough.My daughter saw one yesterday ,she said it actually was not very attractive ,snipey nose and very big standing up ears on a small head.
Ah well, was not to be.

Must remember to defrost some bread for tomorriw.
Got a nice Artisan Boule, frozen in quarters in the freezer.
Oh and butter ,cut in half packs in freezer.
I use a margarine but occasionally only butter wil do.

Well tidy the kitchen ,a bath and bed I think albeit with a fiendish crossword.
Hope you are all well, and your families , spread in different countries .
Goodnight.
Viktoria.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 June 21 08:27 BST (UK) »
I very nearly started this yesterday morning, but I thought perhaps we weren't bothering anymore, so I didn't.  :-\

Teeth are such a trial aren't they Viktoria?  Mine are worse since the breakages have been covered, than they were before, as I have been told NOT to use floss, and you can imagine what that leads to!

Hope the portrait is now satisfactory Roobarb, and the eye test goes ok Annette.

BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.