Author Topic: Diary > Tuesday 22nd June 2021  (Read 865 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Diary > Tuesday 22nd June 2021
« on: Wednesday 23 June 21 08:32 BST (UK) »
Went for a special high tea with 5 friends at a fairly posh local hotel.  We all wore dresses, but it was too windy to sit outside which was the preferred plan, however, lovely tea and good service in congenial company. Then after eating way too much already, a birthday cake with candles, and hilarity while shocking photos taken!
We all enjoyed it tremendously, and there was talk of doing it fairly regularly... but..... then it wouldn't be a treat any more, so perhaps not.  Besides which, I have worked hard to lose some excess weight, and it would all pile back on if I make a habit of eating scone with jam and cream! :D
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Tuesday 22nd June 2021
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 June 21 08:58 BST (UK) »
I made do with a birthday pint! And a large Irish whisky.

Glorious weather here, so I spent the day relaxing in the (concrete) garden, soaking up the rays.

Phone call to my twin brother last night; birthday wishes and generally catching up. We don't speak to each other that often.

P.S. Happy Birthday Mowsehowse ;D ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 June 21 09:56 BST (UK) »
Aww, thank you KG.
Actually it isn't for another couple of days, but my friends apparently feel the need to have a week of celebrations for such a big number!
Many congratulations to you and your twin. Sun and drinks in the garden sounds good to me.  :D
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline jo1962

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 June 21 14:24 BST (UK) »
You can never start birthday celebrations to early MH. Sounds like you had a lovely time. I remember the last time I went to a posh hotel with a friend, we decided to blow the budget and have a glass of champagne. Even though it was eye wateringly expensive we enjoyed every drop and didn't regret it. I think the bubbles went to our heads because we then went on a shopping splurge around the equally posh and expensive shops  ;D I ate beans on toast for the rest of the month!

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 23 June 21 17:03 BST (UK) »
Happy Birthday to MH and KG. 🎂🎁🎉
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 23 June 21 19:29 BST (UK) »
Happy birthday KG and happy birthday week MH! I unknowingly joined in your celebrations on Tuesday.
Went to meet J for our weekly walk, we were going to have a cocktail again but as we’d both had very little for lunch we decided to eat. We walked to the same restaurant where we had the cocktails, this time we sat inside. I had langoustines in a spicy sauce with bread and butter, messy but delicious. We shared a bottle of wine, felt a bit squiffy walking back. Really enjoyed doing something normal again. Had to send myself to bed early,  I'm not used to all that wine!  ;D
Showed J my completed portrait of her, she absolutely loved it, I was so pleased.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 23 June 21 20:06 BST (UK) »
As is usual for me on a Wednesday, met some neighbours and their dogs for a drink.
This week, instead of a glass or two of red, they bought me a bottle! :o

Now feeling slightly squiffy ;D

Pub serves "Latin-American" food, so enchilladas helped soak up the alcohol ;)
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)