Author Topic: Moor Farm, 38 Station Road, Stannington, Morpeth 1960/75  (Read 711 times)

Offline Indiana.59

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Moor Farm, 38 Station Road, Stannington, Morpeth 1960/75
« on: Wednesday 23 June 21 15:49 BST (UK) »
Ello,

Is there anyone who lived/lives local to Moor Farm, 38 Station Road, Stannington, Morpeth, in the 1960's and 70's, I believe it was a live stock farm with cattle on it, not to be confused with Moorhouse farm up on the main road on Station Road, though it seems our family did resided there up to 1959, I have done all the normal checks on Moor farm, 38 Station Road, Stannington, Morpeth, but alas, coming up with nothing . . . : (

Any information of the Shaw family, Donald and Nora Shaw living at 21 Station Road, known as Moorhouse Farm would be also gratefully received . . . 

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Moor Farm, 38 Station Road, Stannington, Morpeth 1960/75
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 June 21 18:12 BST (UK) »
Any information of the Shaw family, Donald and Nora Shaw living at 21 Station Road, known as Moorhouse Farm would be also gratefully received . . .

Exactly what type of info are you looking for?  Unless somebody has personal knowledge of them there are no census records for the period you are looking at.

When did this couple marry and what was Nora's maiden name?

Are they on the 1939 register - when were they born?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Indiana.59

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 June 21 18:55 BST (UK) »

Exactly what type of info are you looking for?  Unless somebody has personal knowledge of them there are no census records for the period you are looking at.

When did this couple marry and what was Nora's maiden name?

Are they on the 1939 register - when were they born?

It is to families living around this area I am looking for, whose children might remember them, all other information as for birth, marriage and death are not needed, they are my Grandparents, and I'm looking for any information of them prior to my birth in 1959 at 21 Station Road, known as Moorhouse farm, and also to the farm known as Moor Farm, at 38 Station road, Stannington, Morpeth, which I frequent many a time in the 60's, I just wanted information as to who we were visiting in regard of that address, and could it have been it a rellie, no research is required, all personal, cheers . . .

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 June 21 07:53 BST (UK) »
As Rootschat covers the whole world,you would be incredibly lucky if one person knew the area you talk of.

Have you tried finding a Facebook page of local people to Morpeth,they may well have more local info.

Maybe something like the Morpeth History Matters Group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1640171886260992

I have joined a Macclesfield group where my ancestors came from and the people on it have been very helpful. One lady even knew my mum!
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Indiana.59

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 24 June 21 09:17 BST (UK) »

Maybe something like the Morpeth History Matters Group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1640171886260992

That is a brilliant facebook link Carol, I am in awe at the photographs on the page, and the right place to find the folks I want as there are other families we knew in the mix, many thanks for that one . . . : )

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 24 June 21 11:57 BST (UK) »
Good luck- hope you find some help there  :D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk