Author Topic: Death of John Leacock, abt 1850, Butler Co., Pennsylvania  (Read 845 times)

Online oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Death of John Leacock, abt 1850, Butler Co., Pennsylvania
« Reply #9 on: Friday 25 June 21 22:11 BST (UK) »
forgot to include Hamilton Lacock Sr's obit
here is the image

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 June 21 00:46 BST (UK) »
Oldohiohome, you have been doing a marvellous job of following these Leacocks in PA, especially the two Hamiltons. I found it very interesting that Hamilton Sr.'s funeral was from the home of his neice Mrs. Robert Parks. Just yesterday, I was following some other Parks where Joseph Parks b 1866 married Isabella Watterson  b 1874 in Ireland and some of their descendants ended up in Philadelphia. Robert was not one of them but possibly a connection. Joseph's parents were John Parks and Sarah Campbell.
I am thinking that the Hamilton that I was originally following was the one in Butler Co. I  think we need death certificates for the two Hamiltons. The one in Butler Co. was still alive in 1888.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 26 June 21 02:37 BST (UK) »
I have found a tree online, Sandra, that has John Leacock with two wives. First wife Margaret and they had sons Hugh 1802 and Thomas 1805. Then wife Jane Knox with sons James 1814 and Hamilton 1815. I have to wonder, oldohiohome, about the emigration in 1836 on which there are Hugh, John and Jane all age 30. Are they possibly Hugh born 1802, John born 1806 and maybe a wife Jane for John? There is also Hamilton age 16.
Peggy

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 26 June 21 06:54 BST (UK) »
I may have found the connection of Hamilton Leacock/Lacock who died 1892  and Mrs. Robert Parks.
On the 1900 census for Allegheny City, I found a Robert E. Park, born West Virginia, wife Margaret, born Jan 1848 in Pennsylvania with a sister-in-law L J Lacock in the household, Robert and Margaret married 21 years with a 31 year old daughter Rebecca. Hmmm. Maybe years of marriage should be 31. Anyway, on findagrave, I find a Margaret E. Park, born Lacock, Jan 31. 1847 in Pittsburgh with a sister Letitia J. and they are the daughters of James K. Lacock and Rebecca Martin which makes sense that they name their first daughter Rebecca. James K. Lacock is also in Union Dale Cemetery and he died in 1858, age 64. Wonder if age is wrong because Hamilton had a brother James born 1814 so he would only be 44. It makes sense except for the age of James K. Lacock. Interesting to me that his name is James K., and Hamilton's son Hamilton is Hamilton K. What is the K? Hey, maybe Knox as John Leacock's second wife is reportedly Jane Knox.

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 26 June 21 08:29 BST (UK) »
There is another James Leacock who died 1887 age 73 which would fit the age of James born 1814 but the rest of the scenario doesn’t fit the relationship of Hamilton Leacock to Mrs. Robert Parks, unless I have got it all wrong.

Online oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 26 June 21 09:49 BST (UK) »
I have to wonder, oldohiohome, about the emigration in 1836 on which there are Hugh, John and Jane all age 30.

You're right, I wasn't paying attention to the ages. John and his wife would be much older in 1836.

James K. Lacock is also in Union Dale Cemetery and he died in 1858, age 64. Wonder if age is wrong because Hamilton had a brother James born 1814 so he would only be 44. It makes sense except for the age of James K. Lacock.

Where did James' age come from? Only findagrave? If so, it might not be right. They are good a lot of the time but they are never the original source, and sometimes they transcribe the headstone wrong.  -- Or it is someone else :)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 26 June 21 10:13 BST (UK) »
Yes, I found the death of James K. On findagrave.