Author Topic: Diary > Thursday 24th June 2021  (Read 632 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary > Thursday 24th June 2021
« on: Friday 25 June 21 11:37 BST (UK) »
Lots of discussion, panic as to whether our Christmas 'Do' will still take place on Saturday.  Weather forecast changing daily - mainly cloudy and then on Wednesday changed to rain, the one thing we didn't want since it's an outdoor event in garden.

Later today became cloudy with sunny spells which it still is today (25th) so we are going with that and keeping everything crossed.

Finally tidied my desk in the study and can see the top again!   Finalised my ASDA order for delivery on Friday.   Lots of errands to run today (Friday) - collecting repeat prescription, withdrawing some cash for nephew in law's birthday, purchasing cheesecake to take to tomorrows do.

Happy birthday to Mowsehowse - hope it's a good one.

Annette   
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Thursday 24th June 2021
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 June 21 12:29 BST (UK) »
Really hope it stays dry for you Annette when you've been looking forward to it so much.

Wasn't sure which day is MH's birthday, happy birthday!  :D

My day:
Woke early, didn’t want to go back to sleep as I end up having silly dreams or feeling rubbish. As it happened I felt rubbish anyway, had a horribly stiff neck and shoulder, don’t know if I’d wrenched it or if I’d just slept awkwardly.
Moved some things from the old freezer into the new one and unplugged the old one to defrost. The new one is a frost free model. Out for a walk later, wasn’t really enjoying it as I couldn’t properly straighten my head up. Have also had a blocked ear for a couple of weeks which is driving me mad, am hoping that the daily use of olive oil drops sort it out.
I wanted some bedding plants to replace the wallflowers in the front garden, they’re just starting to die off. Didn’t feel like it but went up to the nurseries, prefer to avoid weekends. Bought some begonias and coleus, haven’t seen those for years. After lunch I planted them, had just given them a good watering when it started to rain. Laid on the sofa then got in bed for a while, neck was really uncomfortable, was making me feel miserable.

Not quite so bad today, hope my Zoom art class doesn't aggravate it.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales