Author Topic: Daubney brothers walk Lincoln to Oldham for work 19th century Newspaper Lookup  (Read 4025 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Daubney brothers walk Lincoln to Oldham for work 19th century Newspaper Lookup
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 26 June 21 11:34 BST (UK) »

Most definitely as Daubney was and is quite a unique name and the brothers left Lincoln initially to Oldham and the Daniel moved to Bolton and his brother stayed in Oldham. Have you a copy of the report?  Many thanks

I am sure you have this as most of the Daubneys in Oldham at that time seem to be connected.
The brothers might have made their way to Oldham to a cousin, I think he would be, William Daubney.
He seems to have moved about a bit but settled in Oldham by 1881.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jayhen6

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Daubney brothers walk Lincoln to Oldham for work 19th century Newspaper Lookup
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 26 June 21 13:21 BST (UK) »

Most definitely as Daubney was and is quite a unique name and the brothers left Lincoln initially to Oldham and the

Daniel moved to Bolton and his brother stayed in Oldham. Have you a copy of the report?  Many thanks

I am sure you have this as most of the Daubneys in Oldham at that time seem to be connected.
The brothers might have made their way to Oldham to a cousin, I think he would be, William Daubney.
He seems to have moved about a bit but settled in Oldham by 1881.

Not sure about William as I’ve focused mainly on Daniel. What age was William in 1881?  Thanks again
Daubney's of Lincoln:-:Fox's of Ringley:-:Norris's of Chorley:-:Tong's of Bolton:-:Chadwick's of Leeds

Offline Jayhen6

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 26 June 21 13:23 BST (UK) »
A bit messy because it runs over two columns.

Hi, in what publication/newspaper was the boxing article published? Thanks
Daubney's of Lincoln:-:Fox's of Ringley:-:Norris's of Chorley:-:Tong's of Bolton:-:Chadwick's of Leeds

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 26 June 21 13:53 BST (UK) »
There are these families in Lincoln
1871 3371/97/3
Richard Daubney abt 1791  b Staines, Middlesex and family

1871 3371/97/4
William Daubney abt 1815 b Staines, Middlesex - wife Sabina

1871 3373/11/13
James Daubney abt 1819 b Staines, Middlesex (your family)

I think that William Daubney b abt 1838, son of William and Sabina is in Oldham from 1881 onwards.

It looks as though his father William and James, the father of David and Daniel were brothers.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Br1gau

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 26 June 21 14:02 BST (UK) »
The Boxing article came up under the heading of “Bookmakers’ Pawl.”  The publication itself is titled BOXING, The only paper in the world solely devoted to Boxing.  24 pages costing 1d.

Another brother for David and Daniel -

Offline Jayhen6

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 26 June 21 14:36 BST (UK) »
There are these families in Lincoln
1871 3371/97/3
Richard Daubney abt 1791  b Staines, Middlesex and family

1871 3371/97/4
William Daubney abt 1815 b Staines, Middlesex - wife Sabina

1871 3373/11/13
James Daubney abt 1819 b Staines, Middlesex (your family)

I think that William Daubney b abt 1838, son of William and Sabina is in Oldham from 1881 onwards.

It looks as though his father William and James, the father of David and Daniel were brothers.

Many thanks, I shall have a look to link them in the tree.