Author Topic: Diary > Friday 25th June  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Friday 25th June
« on: Friday 25 June 21 23:44 BST (UK) »
A big day for Mowsehowse, looking forward to hearing how the celebrations went. In the meanwhile, this was my day:

Neck and shoulders still painful when I woke, it was raining and it continued until late afternoon. Mixed the paints I needed for art class and prepared everything I needed. Took two aspirins with my lunch, paracetamol had done nothing previously to help the problem with my neck but the aspirins did the trick and I was able to relax. Too wet to go for a walk.
Art class was good, all of us painting sunny places with pretty scenery. The teacher declared my portrait finished, thank goodness. After the class I went to collect a parcel from a newsagents a short car journey away, it’s the first time I’ve collected anything there since early 2020, I used to regularly get parcels sent there. Tried on the clothes in the parcel, kept a shirt and two t-shirts, will be sending a dress back, unfortunately it’s too big. A shame, the material is lovely and I can’t remember the last time I bought a dress, there haven’t been occasions to wear one. Went for a quick walk, it had stopped raining but I got soggy feet.

The government has added the Balearic Islands to the green list for travel, it’ll be interesting to see how that works out as it includes Ibiza, no doubt there’ll be lots of teens and twenties flocking there. Let’s hope it doesn’t turn out badly.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Friday 25th June
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 June 21 00:54 BST (UK) »
Roobarb, sorry to hear your neck and shoulders have been bothering you.  Pain is so tiring.  Glad to hear that your art class went well. 
Not a lot to report here.  Had a good chat with a friend on the phone, hopefully we can get together soon. She is doing 2021 census work so is keeping busy, I wouldn’t mind that kind of work, but involves Zoom meetings, not my cup of tea.
Another friend emailed to say her church has converted part of the rectory into a second hand book shop, with other items as well.  They need some way to raise money for the church.  She is on duty soon so I hope to go see it and have a visit.  She is a driving force at the Family History Centre and wants some of us to get together in a park, I plan to tell her I’m game.  Ironically OH and I dropped off a lot of stuff at a secondhand store yesterday, including about 40 books.  I will now save our books for her shop.
We picked up lunch yesterday at a grocery store/restaurant and got some sticky toffee pudding, this is an Italian establishment but they make a very good STP.  The lunch was enough for two meal each, I got chicken Parmesan.
Just feeling back to normal today from my second jab a week ago.  Weather extremely muggy, at least not overly warm, but we are expecting thunderstorms to roll through tonight.  Looks like a lot of rain coming over the next week, grass will green up I hope, it’s starting to get brownish in spots.
We just watched TV series Brokenwood from NZ, really enjoy it. 

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 June 21 06:39 BST (UK) »
Got my new router and new ISP started today so spent a good hour setting it up and reconnecting all the internet enabled devices.  The cables from the old router had become all tangled so that was annoying.

Made chicken and chickpea curry for dinner.

addition: Also discovered that my suspicions were correct and when Ancestry isn't always counting sources when i manually add sources.  So I still won't have an accurate count of how many sources I have attached, especially as a significant proportion of my sources came from places other than Ancestry.  Once I've logged them all I will sit and count them manually which will be time consuming.  I showing how many t also means the count has been done by me so no one will believe me how many sources as I can't just show a screen shot showing how many sources I have attached/  Although I suspect the people I need to prove it to will deem the sources I have 'not good enough' anyway.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 26 June 21 08:10 BST (UK) »
Chicken and chick pea curry sounds tasty and nourishing Pharma. :)
Glad to know you are much improved Diana, and hope you are less sore today Roobarb.
Great news the tutor signed off the portrait, but heck, if your friend loved it, that would be good enough for me.

My birthday was lovely, thanks so much for all the good wishes.
H had theatre tickets for Thursday evening, to watch the local Am Drams in an Agatha Christie mystery. The female lead was especially strong, and I enjoyed it. We used to go fairly often, and I have missed it more than I realised.
I had been a bit worried about seating and proximity, but happily there were 2 clear rows behind us, although I would have been less comfortable if I had been the couple in the row diagonally in front of us.  We were asked to wear masks throughout, and I found that more hot and uncomfortable than I expected, given I was sitting still. (I do wear one for most of the time doing NT duty.)
No wonder the front line workers suffer sores and rashes... it must be awful having to wear one continually. It was a lovely balmy evening, no rain forecast, so we strolled down in the sunshine, and it was still warm walking home, but light rain, which held off till we were almost back, so we didn't get drenched. The full moon rising was a beautiful sight.
Yesterday was dry enough for Morris practise. We had eight dancers and 4 musicians, which was a good size group, and then mayhem afterwards, with banners, balloons, sparklers and cakes, more cakes, fizz and cakes, ::) cards, gifts. They must have sung happy birthday at least 4 times! What a lovely party. I feel very blessed to know such a caring group of people. 
I did speak to both my boys, and had greetings from nearly everyone I know, so it was a very special day, and I am in hopes of more celebrations over the weekend. Spoilt or Wot!!!

BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 26 June 21 09:55 BST (UK) »
Happy belated birthday wished Mowsehouse

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 26 June 21 10:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks LM, and everyone else who sent kind wishes.  :D
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 26 June 21 12:59 BST (UK) »
Diana, the side effects from your jab have certainly lasted a long time, glad you're feeling better now and able to enjoy the delicious pudding! What a shame your friend was too late for the books, you seem like an avid reader so more supplies on the way for her.

Good to get your new tech set up PharmaT, we rely on it so much these days.

MH, great celebrations and speaking to your boys too, a lovely time for you and spoilt rotten, just how it should be!  :D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 26 June 21 16:15 BST (UK) »
Second son just phoned,was watching a Red Kite hovering then swooping down to get  some raw chicken scraps he had put on the lawn.
They have a tiny Burmese cat, !hope it is not seen as a snack!
Seemingly many birds now rely on road kill for sustenance .

Well a cool morning has turned into a scorching afternoon.
The rain has not penetrated very far down and the soil is still very dry under the surface.
More watering tonight especially containers.

Got a half chicken and some lovely pork loin chops from our Q Guild Butchers.
A dinky little cauliflower so that and cheese sauce tonight for tea.

Put out the rest of last weeks grapes which I love with stinky cheese,on the bird table,every one has gone .
Got fresh today.
Got tomatoes which are quite hard so in the sunshine to ripen up .
Cypress new potatoes are in now ,I like them.

Well, some good TV, including “ Our Yorkshire Farm “,this evening .
That family is amazing.

A flipping bluebottle buzzing round,why can they never find their way out even when doors and windows are left open!

Well, going outside with a cuppa and spaythe rises with just water ,the birds love the greenfly so no insecticide ,second son say a mild concoction of garlic in boiling water,allow to cool completely and no harm to birds but stupefies greenfly.I like it.

Cheerio, enjoy the weekend and  I look forward to your news.

Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 26 June 21 16:44 BST (UK) »
Any  tips  on  slugs, whilst  I  have  been away  my  neighbour collected a whole  pickle  jar  of  slugs  for  me  to see, no  I  will  not  be pickling them !!
Any  ideas, they  ate  a  whole plant

Louisa  Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London