Author Topic: Matt Hancock Has Resigned  (Read 6225 times)

Online mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Hancock Has Resigned
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 27 June 21 11:51 BST (UK) »
Sadly the Sunday times will not let me see these allegations unless I agree to let them search my computer for personal info, and insert tracking devices on it.

Smacks of hypocrisy to me,

Mike

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 27 June 21 12:03 BST (UK) »
Don't worry, Mike.  I'm sure it will all come spilling out via the media.  Could this be DC's revenge?  Who was this disgruntled whistleblower and who installed the security camera?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Nick_Ips

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 27 June 21 12:05 BST (UK) »
Sad day for his wife and children (and the other woman's, too).  As some of the gaudier papers put it, the "love rat" in charge failed to step up to the plate and sack the other "love rat".  What hypocrites!

(Hope this is not too political for RC. :-[)

On another forum I follow someone has made the interesting observation that in these more enlightened times we are totally accepting of people rights to make their own choices about their sexuality, relationships and their adherence to monogamy/fidelity.

...except when it comes to married heterosexual men.

None of us know how much the respective families knew about the relationship, and whether or not it was something that the partners had consented to.  There are a lot of assumptions being made that it involved 'lies' and 'cheating', but nobody other than the individuals concerned know whether or not that is the case.

The families could be 'sad' - but possibly only because what was a private matter they were all fully aware of* has become the stuff of gossip mongers, and their personal lives are being made very public.  :(

The tone of the coverage, and long-lens pictures of cars being loaded, makes me wonder who the 'hypocrites' really are in a situation like this.

(Likewise I also hope this is not too political)

*Hancock and Coladangelo knew each other at university. There's every possibility the situation is not dissimilar to that of our future King (and Defender of the Faith) and his present wife. Most of us have long since moved on to not thinking of him as a faithless adulterer and she his 'mistress'.

Online Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 27 June 21 12:35 BST (UK) »
Is it really to do with an affair?  What does that matter to anybody (apart maybe from those personally involved).

Surely its all to do with acting against the self distancing guidelines that the rest of us are required to follow!  A la Cummings!

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Online mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 27 June 21 12:35 BST (UK) »
For once I am in agreement with Nic  :) :)

We are not by any means out of the wood yet, our new health minister now must decide who lives and who dies, who must be sacrificed for the greater good.

What really matters is who is the right person for the job, not whether or not they are as fallible as the rest of us.

Mike

Offline Nick_Ips

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 27 June 21 12:52 BST (UK) »

What really matters is who is the right person for the job, not whether or not they are as fallible as the rest of us.

I completely agree with this.

I found it quite ironic that in the week that Alan Turing was acknowledged on the new £50 note that a married man was hounded out of his job* for having a relationship with a woman who wasn't his wife.

*I also agree with Pheno that the issue was about him not following the guidelines (not law) that his own department had issued. Once that breach had become public he had to consider his position.

But there's a whole other discussion that could be had whether or not it was right that the breach was made public. It happened in a private place, and the images shouldn't have been published.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 27 June 21 13:20 BST (UK) »
I seem to recall Matt Hancock spending a lot of time exhorting the public to "Do The Right Thing" ??

BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Nick_Ips

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 27 June 21 13:41 BST (UK) »
I seem to recall Matt Hancock spending a lot of time exhorting the public to "Do The Right Thing" ??

As he should have done. That was his job.

In helping to get the public to accept the need to "Do The Right Thing" he is likely to have contributed to saving tens of thousands of lives.

Is there anything wrong with that?