Author Topic: Diary > Monday 28th June 2021  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Monday 28th June 2021
« on: Monday 28 June 21 23:47 BST (UK) »
Sunday was hardly worth mentioning. Lowlight- NN once again up a stepladder snooping next to the adjoining fence, this time at the other end of the garden. Highlights - My Red Hot Poker that I've had for years finally came up with a flower last year, this year it has five flower spikes.  :)

Monday:
A beautiful day, hot and sunny. Phoned the doctor’s surgery to see if I could get an appointment with the nurse to see about my blocked ears, I feel like my head is full of cotton wool, it’s getting me down. The receptionist asked if I was wanting them syringed, when I said yes she said the first appointment is in August!  :o She said she could make an appointment for the nurse to have a look and go from there, so that’s what I did.
Went for a walk along my favourite beach, haven’t been there for ages, don’t really know why. The tide was out, it was lovely walking along the sand, so peaceful with only the sound of the breaking waves. Spent the afternoon in the garden, head under the parasol while I was reading, also emerged to do some gardening.
TV tonight was mostly a choice of football or tennis. Looks like the government’s ending lockdown restrictions will go ahead as planned. Not sure how I feel about that, having also read how Andrew Marr caught quite a bad dose of Covid despite having had both vaccinations. We all know it's no guarantee but that isn't the sort of news that makes you feel positive.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline jo1962

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 28th June 2021
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 June 21 08:55 BST (UK) »
Roobarb I do feel for you. I to had blocked ears. I phoned my GP surgery with the vaguest of hopes I might be able to get them syringed. Not a chance  : Not this August or next year.  :(I put otex ear drops in them for a couple of weeks, and I'm pleased to say my ears are a lot better. I still put a couple of drops in if I feel they are starting to feel blocked again and it does the trick.
A bit of a gloomy day here weather wise. it rained on and off all day and felt quite chilly. We had a few days in Wales where the weather was glorious so a bit of a let down to come back to this.
Nothing to watch on TV. I used to like the tennis but don't have much interest in it anymore. And football!! How much longer is this football going on for? OH is glued to it. I think I could blow up the house and he wouldn't notice if the tv was still on. England match this evening. Think I will take Bob on a long walk.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 June 21 09:46 BST (UK) »
Jo, I've been putting olive oil drops in for a few weeks, still hoping for some results. I had the same problem last summer and as I was too nervous of going anywhere I didn't contact the surgery, I just carried on putting the olive oil drops in for weeks and eventually it did the trick. When I've previously had them syringed they won't give me an appointment until a week after they've told me to put the drops in, even when I already have. Oh well, will just have to wait and see.
What a shame your weather was so bad but good that you got some sunshine in Wales. Hope it's fine tonight for your walk with Bob.  :)
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 June 21 12:15 BST (UK) »
After  having  a few  days    away  last  week I have  been suffering  what  I  think  is  summer  flu,  hardly  eaten  a  thing, my scales  are  pleased  about that,  put on  a  bit  last  week so  it  won't  do  me  any  harm
I am now  suffering with  what  feels  like  itchy ears, so  I   will resort  to ear  drops, don't  think  my  surgery  does syringing anymore, it  was   such  a  nice  feeling after  coming  out  and hearing  the  birds sing again after being  treated.
Last  week we  travelled  by  bus to  a  town, the  bus  eventually  got  filled  up, no distancing ,  we  were very  worried, we returned  a  lot  earlier than intended so  as  not to be  so  close to other passengers,  where  I  got  my germs  from  I do not know but I have  done  a  covid test and  that  was  fine, am isolating   myself  till I  feel better
Enjoy  your  day  folks

Louisa  Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 June 21 13:01 BST (UK) »
LM, I was feeling rather alarmed when I read the first part of your post, was very relieved to read at the end that you've had a negative Covid test, phew!
Very sorry though to hear you're unwell, hope you're feeling better soon.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 29 June 21 13:15 BST (UK) »
Bless you Roobarb
  I  spoke to  a  local  person he  told  me  that  in that  area  they had  been  very relaxed  about the rules,  at  home here we  have  all abided  by the rules, why  not  other  parts  of the country.

I never touch anything unless my hands  are sanitised,  for  years  I  haven't  touched  any escalators,  in  fact  nearly  tumbled  down twice  by not  hanging on, and  I do  not touch anything  on  a  bus yet  still I caught germs  from somewhere, is  it  in the  air

Thank God  it  wasn't  worse than summer flu, I will be  out and  about soon hopefully

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 29 June 21 15:15 BST (UK) »
Bless you Roobarb
  I  spoke to  a  local  person he  told  me  that  in that  area  they had  been  very relaxed  about the rules,  at  home here we  have  all abided  by the rules, why  not  other  parts  of the country.

I never touch anything unless my hands  are sanitised,  for  years  I  haven't  touched  any escalators,  in  fact  nearly  tumbled  down twice  by not  hanging on, and  I do  not touch anything  on  a  bus yet  still I caught germs  from somewhere, is  it  in the  air

Thank God  it  wasn't  worse than summer flu, I will be  out and  about soon hopefully

LM

Yes, it's in the air.
Many viruses, including C-19, are transmitted through the air, which is why ventilation is so important.
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 29 June 21 15:40 BST (UK) »
Isn ‘t it odd that things like blocked ears can really throw you, muzzy
headedness etc.
Now Rhubarb, an old old old remedy for blocked ears , boil an onion until soft, and whilst still hot ,put in an old sock and bandage to your head over the blocked ear.Leave until coolish ,remove.
Honestly ,in my book  of Shtopshire lore.

I am sure you never poke in your ears !
Oil to soften wax needs to be warm but not hot .
Oh earache , it is awful and ear abscesses @#&£#@&# !

Lots of rain yesterday evening and in the night ,much needed though.
Sorting my little herb patch to make it Henry proof ( the big friendly Tom cat from across the lane.)
Got a dental appt tomorrow ,had one with a dentist but in a sort of large group ,but found this one today nearer home .
We will see, no obligation if not happy.
It is on a direct bus route and I’ll be seeing the same Dentist not someone different each time .

Schools break up in a few weeks unless they are doing catch up!

Don’t watch the tennis,can’t abide the grunting!
Put slug pellets down as my new Dahlias almost eaten up overnight , Lobelias
just starting to cascade over pots and baskets ,some lovely pale blue and magenta ones.
Neighbour’s containers that I planted up for her Birthday  are lovely.

Did not get my usual little salad selection this year ,cut and come again
lettuce and rocket, ,lollo rosso and radicchio etc etc

Well not much news , so hope you and yours are all well ,cheerio.Viktoria.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 02 July 21 10:35 BST (UK) »
I can’t find the Diaries!

So many kind wishes through the months of eye treatment so just an update .
All OK with recently operated on my recently operated on Rt eye.
Left eye which was done last year pressure was quite high ,however ,I have a regime ,times,spacing etc for all the drops and the pressure lowering one had not been administered as the taxi to hospital arrived before that time.
That was the Consultant’s opinion.
So now only twice a day one sort each eye, last thing at night another sort each eye and as many times a day as I feel necessary, the dry eye lubricating drops.
Whew!
A new appointment will come in the post soon.
So Thankyou everyone for your kindness and I have appreciated being able to sound off about this,I do not worry my family ,and those not living near can’t do anything so just get on with it..
My confidence re being outside on my own is coming back ,so Bury Market here I come ,soon-

Your gardens sound lovely , and glad you are gradually getting out and about again ,meeting friends and family.
This is a very high risk area, East Lancashire ,the towns about .
So whilst using public transport I am still very cautious.
Someone - another patient ,told a young woman off for not having her mask over her nose as well as her mouth.
The excuse was she had been at the hospital for four hours and - “ that is long enough,”
Hope the weekend is relaxing for you all ,with thoughts for the bereaved and grieving .
Thanks again ,I have appreciated your kind interest very much.
Viktoria.