Author Topic: Signature Comparison  (Read 723 times)

Offline Keith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Signature Comparison
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 June 21 23:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone for your responses. You've confirmed my suspicions that both were by the same hand, but as I'm no handwriting expert it's nice to have other opinions being in agreement.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 01 July 21 01:48 BST (UK) »
As  Old Bristolian has said that last up hill line of the 'W' finishing in a swirl just forward of the 'i' in both signatures also the last letter 'e' in Catherine finishes with the 'e' line going into squiggle line in both signatures.

The 'W' does it for me- ending just forward of the 'i' - I'd say both signatures about 90% chance the same person
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Keith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 15:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

Your thoughts support my suspicions, and this, along with a very unusual occupation on the 1857 marriage, has enabled me to confirm that a family I'd found in some of the earlier census returns is indeed the right one.