Author Topic: Every Voice Matters  (Read 1022 times)

Offline coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
Re: Every Voice Matters
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 July 21 21:32 BST (UK) »
Some ancestors have caught my imagination more than others, especially the ones who travelled a lot. I just visited Kings Lynn where my ancestor was mayor in the early 1590s and actually bought the St Mary Magdalen old almshouse/hospital in the town in 1594.

My paternal gran's mother from Oxford spent some of her early teens in North London then moved to Sussex by 15 then to Essex.

Plus I have many more ancestors who travelled.

We all have those ancestors that capture our imagination more than others and there’s nothing wrong with that. Over the years I have been strangely drawn to some ancestors more than others, it’s hard to describe, but you are just drawn for some unknown reason. Is it ancestral memory? Who knows

I do show a lot of bias towards my London ancestors, just nice to have ancestors from the capital. I think it was actually a TV show - EastEnders, that actually started my fetish for all things London. I watched in the late 1980s and through the 1990s and still do but it used to be more about London in 1991 than 2021.
Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain

Offline chiddicks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Every Voice Matters
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 July 21 18:04 BST (UK) »
Nearly all my ancestors, on both sides, are from East London or Essex, so I am East End boy at heart myself!
https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Searching the names Chiddicks, Keyes, Wootton, Daniels, Lake, Lukes, Day, Barnes