Author Topic: Diary > Summary - Week ending 4th July 2021  (Read 4126 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Summary - Week ending 4th July 2021
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 12:40 BST (UK) »
Tazzie, I'm so sorry to hear about your father, the death of a loved one is always so hard regardless of their age. I hope it helps to talk about it to us even when it's just the written word, I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we're here for you. Do let us know how you're getting on when you have time to look in again. My thoughts are with you.  :-*
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 13:58 BST (UK) »
My condolences to both RTL and Tazzie.  A difficult time for both of you.
Caroline, hope your OH feels better soon.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 15:41 BST (UK) »
So many dreadful things have happened to so many when they are not easily able to be comforted by the people they would normally turn to - is that yet another wonderful function of "Rootschat"? It does seem to be so!
I'm aure all our thoughts are with you, now as always.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Online Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 16:26 BST (UK) »
Just to say to all those who have lost loved ones I shall remember you in my prayers. I’m very sorry for your losses.

I had a short break last week at a lovely holiday cottage in the wilds of Shropshire. Originally I was meeting up with my brother and sister in law but due to him having 2 sudden unexplained collapses they couldn’t come. I decide to go anyhow and a friend who I was bubbled with joined me on the second evening. The weather was lovely and we sat eating breakfast in the garden with a red kite circling overhead, it was magical. We visited the Carding Mill valley ( twice), nosed around Church Stretton, did a trail quiz around Much Wenlock which was quite hard but made us really look at things and enjoyed walks from our cottage.

My car has adaptions on it and on the way home coming round the Shrewsbury ring road the switching device that controls the indicators broke. My friend following behind had to instruct me in the use of the indicators in the normal fashion. It was hard work getting home, but I got home and offloaded the car and put it in the garage until the switching device has been mended, hopefully later today.

It was good having a break and just enjoying the countryside. You can’t get and flatter than where I live. The only hills are sand hills.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 17:10 BST (UK) »
Tazzie - so very sorry to hear about your father and we are all thinking about you and your family…
RC is such a great place to express your feelings and know there are so many kind, thoughtful and generous people here.

It’s been great to hear from others too after the diary seem to fall into the doldrums… so thank you Roobarb and Mowsehowse for starting it up again…

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 17:31 BST (UK) »
Would  be  nice    to  carry  it  on

LM 
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 17:54 BST (UK) »
Tazzie - so very sorry to hear about your father and we are all thinking about you and your family…
RC is such a great place to express your feelings and know there are so many kind, thoughtful and generous people here.

It’s been great to hear from others too after the diary seem to fall into the doldrums… so thank you Roobarb and Mowsehowse for starting it up again…

Caroline

I have found the site particularly helpful in so many ways over the past 10 months since dear Nick died. Being able to express feelings beyond the immediate family has helped tremendously.
And on Sunday last we went to our local Church, not our usual one which is still only opening for live services on one Sunday each month.
The first hymn chosen was the one which we as a family had chosen for Nick's funeral - it fitted those circumstances and it was also very relevant to the Minister's message for Sunday. We were not allowed officially to sing, but even if we had been so, I know that I could not have managed it.
It was so relevant to both situations. (Let us build a house where love can dwell)
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 18:12 BST (UK) »
I fully  understand  Jeff, I  recently had  a  death  in our family  under tragic
circumstances, the  last  hymn in church that  week was  " love devine " well you can  imagine  how  I felt,  and  like you  I  could  not  have  uttered  a word even  if  allowed  to

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 22:14 BST (UK) »
I think the weekly thread is a great idea.

I just want to add my condolences to all those who have lost loved ones. My Dad passed away very suddenly almost 3 years ago and I still miss him every day but at least we did not have all of the restrictions we have today to contend with then.  In some respects I am grateful that he did not have to deal with all this.

The support from Rootschatters is such a positive thing and so uplifting in a world where putting people down seems to be so fashionable.

All the best to you all.

Pinetree
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk