Author Topic: Diary > Summary - Week ending 11th July 2021  (Read 6104 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Diary > Summary - Week ending 11th July 2021
« on: Monday 05 July 21 07:48 BST (UK) »
I will start for this week because.....
GREAT NEWS.... H and I have just done lateral flow tests, as we are off up to the Home Counties to meet 5 month old grandson for the first time.
Haven't seen proud parents in almost a whole year.
Both tests negative, so we feel able to go.
What a relief.
Shall have to continue testing whenever we feel we have been at risk, we don't want to be guilty of passing anything around!
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Summary - Week ending 11th July 2021
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 July 21 10:14 BST (UK) »
So exciting for you MH, hope you have a fabulous time.  :D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 July 21 13:52 BST (UK) »
My week will be filled with lots of paperwork!
Sunday 11th, I fly to Liverpool; then taxi to Manchester.
Monday 12th I am due a "procedure" to remove kidney stones.

So far: Pre-Admission screening tests all completed (X-ray, ECG, bloods, etc),
Travel Warrant has arrived (for flights & taxi),
Landing Form completed, ready for returning to Isle of Man,
Entry Permit received from IOM Government.
Covid Test due on Thursday - then have to self-isolate until Sunday.

Meanwhile, today is a Bank Holiday due to Tynwald Day - the Manx National Day.
HRH Princess Royal is presiding over the annual open-air session of Tynwald (Manx Parliament).
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 July 21 14:24 BST (UK) »
MH - so pleased to hear you’re off to meet your new grandson… I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful visit with lots of cuddles.

KG - my what a procedure to have to go through just to get to a hospital for treatment!
I wish you well and hope all is successful for you and that you’ll soon be back home recovering!

My son-in-laws brother, wife and family of three teenagers have arrived from Switzerland to visit their family, not seen since 2019, and they have had to jump through all the hoops too all the necessary tests for the five of them costing approx £1,000 😱😱. Worth every Penny to see aging parents/grandparents.

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 July 21 23:17 BST (UK) »
Oh this is fabulous news Mowsehowse that you will be able to visit with your new Grandson! :D I am sure he will be well worth the wait.  I hope you all have a wonderful time together and look forward to an update soon! :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 05 July 21 23:53 BST (UK) »
Lovely news re visits some are able to make and hope the kidney stones procedure leaves you feeling much better.It is supposed to be the worst pain ever ,that from stones!
Give the baby a lovely hug,if that is allowed,from me, if you give it it should be O.K. ;D

Well my Captain Sir Tom rose is fully open,a deep deep red,not much scent as yet but so rainy today I am not surprised .
Many fat buds to open yet.
Henry the over the lane cat has scratched up all the self sown foxgloves ,I told him off but he just lay on the floor and wriggled provocatively ,purring.
What can you do when they charm like that!

Nastyturtiums sooo  big now , they are trailing sort ,and glorious shades,from light  cream through to deep  maroon /red.
Seeds I saved last year.

Daughter’s horse that was so ill is doing well but has not yet lost his winter coat -a symptom of Cushings ‘ disease, tested last week 25% ,which is negative ( below 30%) but today tested 42% so is on tablets that can’t now ever be stopped.
He must cost her a fortune!

Flash Harry’s baby sister is  due November ,some concerns so lots of scans and maybe an early delivery but as long after 30 weeks  as is safe .
Very low placenta.

Well blood tests tomorrow morning and Dentists afternoon .

Look after yourselves folks ,and especially those with great sadness in  your  hearts, we think about you.
Goodnight .Viktoria.

Offline Stanwix England

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Hopeless scatterbrain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 19:24 BST (UK) »
Glad to see everyone getting on, sorry for those who are facing challenges.

I have my first online funeral tomorrow of a Great Aunt. It will be strange and I'm sorry that we cannot go in person, but it's not really practical considering.

Wishing you all well.
;D Doing my best, but frequently wrong ;D
:-* My thanks to everyone who helps me, you are all marvellous :-*

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 08 July 21 23:26 BST (UK) »
Hope being able to watch the funeral online was helpful to you Stanwix, I think this is a good innovation for people who are unable to attend in person.

Today was something of a red letter day for me. I went to meet my friend L for lunch, when we met in the car park she asked if we should hug. As we're both double jabbed I felt comfortable doing so, and so we did. That was the first hug I've had from anyone since March 2020, actually 481 days. I felt rather emotional about it but managed to stop myself becoming tearful.
We were having our lunch at a local garden centre, quite a small one which has changed hands since I was last there. They've added a lovely terrace onto the café which has wonderful views of the hills. It was a beautiful day and we sat out in the sunshine. We hugged again on leaving, I had such a lovely time.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 09 July 21 00:50 BST (UK) »
So glad you did have a lovely time Roobarb .
Physical contact is one of the things you miss so much, and now 18 months since we could freely hug our loved ones and friends.

Alarm check today, all OK and working , new batteries in the fobs for turning on and off from a distance ,however an alarm on a house down the street seemed to go off twice as the chap was keying in numbers on mine!
It was a coincidence ,he said it can happen ,radio waves or something
Then we realised it was mine but from inside the house it was not sounding and with the door closed seemed some distance away .
Anyway all O.K.
Son in Law’s Birthday tomorrow ,must watch what I say when I phone
him ,,not sure when the Spitfire flight is but it is to be a complete surprise and he won’t know until after nine O’Clock.
Everyone has chipped in ,all the sales team and mechanics and his family .
From R.A,F,Duxford.

A sunny day but not really scorching hot , my Captain Sir Tom rose is lovely, deep deep red and two fully open and lots of fat buds ,had you seen the dry sticks which arrived months ago you would not have believed this could happen.

Well eldest son has been discharged from the  heart clinic but still has all  the  symptoms  that he was sent there for in the first place !
Now they are considering that a slight spinal curvature detected in early teens
during a school health check up may be the cause .
It was corrected by him doing fencing,and other exercises, lunging so as to straighten out the curve, caused by a rapid growth spurt and the weight of schoolbooks they carted round all day ,no set desk in one classroom.
He was and is left handed, so fenced right handed ,did it for years but he needs now a check to see if the curve has returned as seemingly muscles have “ memories” ,and spinal curvatures can re - assert .
Any knowledge about this welcome.
All the Doctor did all those years ago was the run his thumbnail down the lad’s back when bending ,it made a red mark ,when he straightened up that mark was way off the centre of his back when the vertebrae were not visible .

Dustbin day tomorrow, paper and the one for food and garden waste .
A new schedule.
The teams are so mixed up and what was supposed to be a cost cutting exercise must have worked out very expensive  as they were all mixed up and
had to do a Sunday collection  as people  complained the food waste bins were not emptied .
Oh , the excitement.

Kind thoughts to those bereaved and facing very changed funeral services .
Those with their own and family health worries and those who have not seen loved ones now for almost two years if not longer.

When I saw the crowds at the football last night —- it seemed so unfair that there are restrictions still in place for  other  much smaller events but for those concerned ,much more important events .

Look after yourselves everyone .
Viktoria.