Author Topic: Covid restrictions likely to be lifted on July 19 in England  (Read 5551 times)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Covid restrictions likely to be lifted on July 19 in England
« on: Tuesday 06 July 21 09:24 BST (UK) »
Well, Covid restrictions are likely to be lifted on July 19 in England.

My biggest concern is that masks will not be legally mandatory anywhere.  Instead, it will be left to the discretion of the individual. I wonder how that will pan out?

I can well imagine that many people who have only recently started venturing out to shops will find this latest development quite difficult.

I can understand though, that this will be great news for parts of the hospitality and entertainment industry.

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Covid restrictions likely to be lifted on July 19 in England
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 09:48 BST (UK) »
I got the impression that although all legal requirements for masks will be dropped, individual organisations can require them.

Some airlines have already said that they will be required on planes so I guess some transport companies might also follow suit and maybe some shops and I guess the NHS. 

The biggest problem might be how they challenge people who don't follow these individual requirements.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 11:44 BST (UK) »
Most people I have spoken to are going to be sensible and wear a mask if they will be in busy places, supermarkets and places like that, we just have to be careful and use our own common sense, most of us just want to give up wearing them to be honest, time will tell but I will use my own judgement

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 12:03 BST (UK) »
I’m sure that many people won’t feel comfortable going unmasked in crowds despite masks not being mandatory in some circumstances/ venues.

I’ve heard that the Peruvian variant is the next one to watch out for.  :-\

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 12:17 BST (UK) »
Something  else  to  worry about

Louisa  Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 12:54 BST (UK) »
Most people interviewed on the news and on social media seem to be saying they will still wear masks in crowded places and shops. I just hope they stick to this and don't allow non mask wears to embarrass them into not using them.

I feel that smaller shops, where social distancing is difficult, should be allowed the right to limit the number of people inside at a time and insist on masks. If that stayed as law, it would prevent arguments which are bound to start if non mask wearers are refused entrance.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 12:59 BST (UK) »
I certainly won't be taking full advantage of changes yet - won't be queuing at a bar, won't be going to any mass gatherings like sports matches or indoors events like theatres or cinemas at full capacity. It's now my choice obviously. I will continue wearing a face covering on public transport & in small shops or any  other small space. Social distancing will be hard to ditch, we are so used to giving other people space on a pavement; the changes are a good way to stop hugging when you don't feel like it too.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 13:01 BST (UK) »
For us we can put up with a mask in shops etc. but the question is do we go to cafes, restaurants etc. where you don’t wear masks now, as these crowded places with everyone chatting are those at greatest risk.  Do we rely on the vaccine to protect us or take a chance.

Mike

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 15:56 BST (UK) »
I'm with Josey on this one. I shall continue to wear a mask when out shopping, etc., in the hope that others will do so as well. And I certainly don't want to go to crowded places and mingle.
I have one relative who has absolutely refused to use a mask, and says she cannot do so ( Not, as far as I know, anything except a disinclination to wear one), yet berates people who come too near her! I suggested to her that as she chose to be very much out and about, often in crowded areas, they all possibly thought she didn't give a damn about possible infection.
That was not well received. Probably a good thing that all our communication since lockdown started has been via the telephone!
I suspect it's only a matter of time before yet another variant appears, and the NHS becomes overstretched again, and a lockdown is needed - but, Hey, some businesses will have made a few millions, who cares if some folk die?
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)