Author Topic: Covid restrictions likely to be lifted on July 19 in England  (Read 5554 times)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Covid restrictions likely to be lifted on July 19 in England
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 16:02 BST (UK) »
I think Ruskie is right, it's the Lambda [Peruvian] variant next....
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 18:57 BST (UK) »
I think Ruskie is right, it's the Lambda [Peruvian] variant next....

I thought it was a dance. A close-contact dance.  I shan't be dancing cheek-to-cheek.
Reading Twitter last night it seems there are still people who don't understand the reasons for wearing face-coverings. Many comments on the lines of "individual choice", "wear one if you're worried about catching it", "your health is your problem not mine", "stop being so anxious", "need to get back to normal".
Scotland is a few weeks behind. Scottish cases are now highest in Europe. Easing of restrictions will be gradual and done with caution. Cases were very low in Scotland this time last year. 
Cowban

Offline Stanwix England

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Hopeless scatterbrain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 19:20 BST (UK) »
I will also continue to wear my mask. People in other countries were doing so long before the pandemic, it's just common sense and not a big ask either.
;D Doing my best, but frequently wrong ;D
:-* My thanks to everyone who helps me, you are all marvellous :-*

Online Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 20:01 BST (UK) »
I will also continue to wear my mask. People in other countries were doing so long before the pandemic, it's just common sense and not a big ask either.

Yes but did it stop the pandemic sweeping those countries that were wearing masks?

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 20:16 BST (UK) »
"wear one if you're worried about catching it", "your health is your problem not mine", "stop being so anxious", "

This is the worrying thing, as it seems to be people who think like that who are most vocal on places such as social media. My worry is that some people are almost going to be bullied into not wearing a mask.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 21:19 BST (UK) »
I think much of it will depend on which age group you're in, my guess is that the majority of  teens, twenties and possibly thirties won't bother with face masks and those above that age are more likely to continue wearing them.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 23:17 BST (UK) »
I expect it will get the country to "Herd Immunity" quicker by infecting the younger ones who are not as badly affected.

The older ones, and the ones with underlying health conditions have already been offered vaccinations.

Personal responsibility will also be a case of accepting a vaccine when offered it or accept the consequences.

I wonder also, because of this it will increase the uptake of the vaccine to the remaining population?

(just my thoughts)

Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 23:20 BST (UK) »
Well I for one will continue to wear face coverings and won’t be remotely shamed into not wearing one!
I find it incredulous that the government are not at least saying that on public transport they should still be worn… but when football, tennis etc are going ahead without them what hope is there…
Whilst I’m as keen as the next person to get ‘back to normal’ there is still a way to go yet…
If the cases are rising and hospitalisation will increase how does that not still put pressure on the NHS… I’m baffled.

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 23:38 BST (UK) »
I'm sure I'm very much in the minority on here, but I shall be happily burning my masks on a 19th July.

While many say wearing a mask is 'nothing' or merely a slight inconvenience, for me it sucks out all the pleasure of going anywhere & doing anything.  I feel like a shadow of the person I was, and its deeply affecting my mental wellbeing.

I'm currently testing daily as a condition of visiting my dad in a care home, and although its unlikely he'll still be with us by the 19th, I'll probably continue regular testing rather than wear a mask.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.