Author Topic: Help to decipher polish marriage details  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Hopefulone

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help to decipher polish marriage details
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 July 21 13:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dave. I think Hans Lormes is my husband's BF. My next mission is to try to tie this information up with things I've already learned. So if you can help, I want to learn if he had children with Margarethe/how many? Who were his parents? etc  ::) H

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 July 21 13:56 BST (UK) »
What information have you got?
Need some more input to get orientated
Dave

Offline Hopefulone

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 12 July 21 19:59 BST (UK) »
Could be long winded, but here goes..my husband age 62 (hunting down BF, only learned truth 4 years ago & no clues to start with, both 'parents' passed) has tested with 3 companies, all uploaded onto the various sites for maximum exposure. Earlier this year a complete curve ball of 8.1% DNA match showed up to a Danish lady 6 years younger than him. The algorythm suggests 'Great Niece - 1st cousin once removed'. She has confirmed her parents - both alive - are (F) German & (M) Danish. I am certain the link is with her German ancestors from husband's ethnicity results, and info I already have. Her father's family seemed vague in their recollections, so whilst trying to eliminate her father's/grandfather's line, I have been looking into her grandmother's line. Hans Lormes is her paternal grandmother's brother (so Great/grand uncle). I feel that since recently finding Hans' marriage & death records, some of the details I have been given by older family/friends during my research, are matching his records. And what's really encouraging is that the suggested DNA relationship is indeed Great Niece/1st cousin once removed. So in order to be certain that Hans was indeed my husband's father, now I am hoping to find records of any children/how many he had with his wife Margarethe (my sources suggest he had at least 2)? Are they still alive? Any family trees with the same MRCA's (Hans' parents)?  I have already found his parents, but my research efforts are very slow due to the language barrier. But also, cause of Hans' death? - he wasn't quite 50 years old, but the time-line for his death also fits with what I know from family/friends. So much to consider - hope you can help, TIA H

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 12 July 21 20:41 BST (UK) »
[quote So in order to be certain that Hans was indeed my husband's father, now I am hoping to find records of any children/how many he had with his wife Margarethe (my sources suggest he had at least 2)? Are they still alive? Any family trees with the same MRCA's (Hans' parents)?  I have already found his parents
[/quote]

So you are looking for Info on your husbands parents and possible siblings, right?
you said "i have already found his parents"
bit confused
Dave

Offline Hopefulone

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 12 July 21 20:52 BST (UK) »
Yes Dave, sorry for the confusion.
I researched Danish lady's grandmother and found her brother Hans Lormes (1908 - 1958), who was already married with children, when my husband was conceived. His marriage certificate obviously gave the name of his wife Margarethe Lange (1909- ?).
I am trying to find information of possible half-siblings of my husband. TIA H

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 13 July 21 07:36 BST (UK) »
Have you a Tree published on Ancestry. Just checking to save doing things twice

Offline Hopefulone

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 13 July 21 08:39 BST (UK) »
Yes, but it's set to private at the moment. I don't mind sharing it for the purpose of moving my investigation forward.

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 13 July 21 09:42 BST (UK) »
let me share, might make things easier

Offline Hopefulone

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 13 July 21 10:15 BST (UK) »
Not sure how best to sort that. Do I need to PM you? Sorry Dave, still a bit unsure how to do some things on here H