Author Topic: GRO pdf odd problem  (Read 1330 times)

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
GRO pdf odd problem
« on: Saturday 10 July 21 17:40 BST (UK) »
I placed an order for a birth pdf on 2nd Jul. Estimated delivery date was 9th Jul.
Checked my orders in case the email had gone astray and am bemused  as it says it was Despatched on 9th Jul. !
The Application Progress bit says
In Progress 02/07/2021 at 18:46:42
Despatched  09/07/2021 at 12:50:50

The View PDF button is just not there. I've raised a query with them as it looks like its stuck in their system.
Hopefully I am the only one affected by this but if you are waiting for a pdf and its overdue check the order status, just in case :-)

Boo

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: GRO pdf odd problem
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 July 21 18:01 BST (UK) »
I placed an order for a birth pdf on 2nd Jul. Estimated delivery date was 9th Jul.
Checked my orders in case the email had gone astray and am bemused  as it says it was Despatched on 9th Jul. !
The Application Progress bit says
In Progress 02/07/2021 at 18:46:42
Despatched  09/07/2021 at 12:50:50

The View PDF button is just not there. I've raised a query with them as it looks like its stuck in their system.
Hopefully I am the only one affected by this but if you are waiting for a pdf and its overdue check the order status, just in case :-)

Boo

I had this same issue some weeks ago. I don’t know what goes wrong, but it came in response to an enquiry.

Dave :)
ESSEX: Cramphorn Raven Sams Sayers Taylor; GLOS: Beacham/Beauchamp; HERTS: Chamberlain Chuck; LEICS: Allot Bentley Godfrey Greasley Hunt Hurst Jarvis Lane Lea Light Woodward; LINCS: Lambert Mitchell Muse ; STAFFS: Hodgkins Jarvis; SURREY: Light; WARKS: Astley/Chesshire Bradbury Hicken/Hickin Hudson; WORCS: Ballinger Beauchamp Laight

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 July 21 18:05 BST (UK) »

I had this same issue some weeks ago. I don’t know what goes wrong, but it came in response to an enquiry.

Dave :)

Technology is wonderful but sometimes it falls over :-) I'm sure they'll deal with it as soon as they can.

Boo

Offline paganmogwai

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 July 21 08:59 BST (UK) »
Yes I've had this exact problem a couple of weeks back.  Think it arrived about 4 days later.
Lynch, Callaghan, Smith, Gargan - Meath
Corcoran - Cavan
Humphrey - Kent
Davis - Hampshire and Middlesex
Glen - Northumberland (possibly)
Holsgrove - Middlesex and Devon
Baker - London

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 July 21 09:06 BST (UK) »
Well I'd sent in the query on the day it was 'said' to be despatched (9th) and the delivery mail dropped into my inbox in the very early hours of this morning. I now have the birth .pdf.

The main thing is that its the right one and I have now identified the baby who was born and died too soon and he can have his rightful place on the tree:-)

Boo

Offline samfisher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 15:57 BST (UK) »
I'm having the same issue at the minute, no 'view pdf' button.. so did it just pop up on the 'my orders' screen after a few days?

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 18:28 BST (UK) »
Yes, in my case it said on the 9th that it had been uploaded, but no mail and no download button.

Two days later on the 11th I got the mail and the download button had appeared.

I sent them a message via the contact us facility on the 9th - and got a reply this morning. I don't think they actually read what I was telling them and their reply was it was uploaded on the 9th and is available to view :-(

I've replied to that, pointing out that though I do now have the document, my message was not a complaint as such but, in my innocence, I thought they may like to know that there is some sort of glitch in their system so they could get it rectified.
I doubt anyone will read that message either, but it made me feel better. :-)

GRO are a monopoly for the pdfs for births and deaths, if I had an alternate method of getting b/d .pdfs at a cheaper price than a paper cert  I would use it. Just as, where possible, I don't use them for marriages in a church, but get a copy from the archives who hold the parish records which is usually a lot cheaper than a cert.

Boo

Offline antonymark

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 03 September 21 12:23 BST (UK) »
I have this too with a death pdf. Shows as despatched yesterday but there is no 'view pdf' option. I have not received a 'your order is ready' e-mail.

I think I usually only look for them after an e-mail has been received but I'm off work this week and have been looking out for it.

I am wondering if the view option is only available after the e-mail notification has been sent and this part of the process has not happened yet.

The lady in question passed more than a hundred years ago so I'm sure I can wait a day or two more.  :)

Tony.

Hoare, Milsted, Peacock, Herbert, Crampin, McIlroy, Holden, Hilton, Fawcett.

Offline Familysearch

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 03 September 21 12:30 BST (UK) »
I'm having a problem with a will on the Govt Find a Will/Probate.

I have ordered four - but one has not arrived.  I notice that I have been charged for it.

Nowhere on any of the email confirmation/advice of delivery pages for enquiries.

FS