Author Topic: Maybe Vera, date and a clean up if possible please  (Read 2924 times)

Offline PatBot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe Vera, date and a clean up if possible please
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 18 November 21 10:32 GMT (UK) »
Made my previous efforts sharper

Oh thank you PatBot, though I thought your earlier ones were very good, I can see what you mean by 'sharper'.
Just hoping you haven't been sat there at a desk since July working on these - or least have got up now and then for meals and comfort breaks ;-)

Really appreciated

Boo

Boo, I haven't been wasting away at my desk  ;D It only took a few mins on each photo to sharpen them. Glad you like them,
Pat

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 18 November 21 16:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Boo...A very late version from me.
I can see errors now it's posted  ::)
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 18 November 21 16:44 GMT (UK) »
An alternative version for you.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 18 November 21 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Thanks (x2) for those Carol.

I'm about to disappear into the kitchen to start dinner, but will study the one you say 'has errors' later - cos for the life of me I can't see any :-)

But that is from my point of view - if I had any idea of how to even start!  but understand you all are critical of your own work as you aim for (and achieve) wonderful results.

Boo

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 18 November 21 18:45 GMT (UK) »
The light was fading and with it went my eyesight  ;D  Maybe not as sharp as some versions but I went for the softer look, after all, this was taken over 70 years ago, and, I don't use photo enhacing Apps that are now in common usage ;) I would say this was most likely to be her wedding photo as it was a wartime wedding when material was in short supply  ;)
Carol

Offline PatBot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 19 November 21 23:37 GMT (UK) »
 ;D

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 20 November 21 12:10 GMT (UK) »
I agree with you Carol about the use of enhancing apps, when they are not used the photos look more natural, I prefer them that way.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 20 November 21 15:02 GMT (UK) »
I don't know enough (ok, anything!) about the different techniques to comment on them.
Everyone who responds takes the same photo, works their own individual magic and skills on it and each produces something that is an improvement  -  but they are all unique and subtly different - that fascinates me and is super to see.

I save them all with a list of those were kind enough to work on them for me, along with the original - which in its own way, even torn and dirty, is special too :-)

Boo

Offline David Van Coolwijk

• RootsChat Extra
  • http://www.halifaxmonumentmuiden.nl/
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 28 December 21 23:27 GMT (UK) »
I gave it another go. Hope you like it!