Author Topic: Diary > Summary - Week ending 18th July 2021  (Read 5992 times)

Offline jo1962

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Summary - Week ending 18th July 2021
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 18 July 21 10:26 BST (UK) »
So shocked to read you have the virus Roobarb. Really hope you don't suffer to much and will be on the mend in a couple of days. Friends of mine, both fully vaccinated have just had it. Fortunately they didn't have it to bad. I shudder to think how much worse it may have been without the vaccinations. There really doesn't seem to be any end in sight for this virus  :(

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 18 July 21 12:36 BST (UK) »
Roobarb, as you can see others have felt as if they could be knocked over by a feather too at hearing your unexpected news.
Try and get plenty of sleep/rest/hydration as this will surely help your body fight back in defense mode.  I think that as rubbish as you are feeling now, take heart that your double jab will be assisting you too to recovery.  Hurrah for vaccines! :D  We are all rooting for you Roobarb!

Sorry, to read that your husband is still having fits and starts with his recovery Caroline. It is understandable that he is getting fed up, after four weeks of this. This must be very hard on you too, having to cope with this stress each day.  Hope each day is bringing him closer to riding it out.  I am sure we will all be rooting for him and you too, Caroline. 

Pinetree .. Congratulations on your Son getting a First class degree.  :D You must be so proud of him!  He has done magnificently to do so well, especially considering the difficulties over the past year.  Thanks for sharing your good news with us. :)

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 18 July 21 12:46 BST (UK) »
Caroline   best wishes to OH for a speedy recovery and to you for your support for him in this difficult time.
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 18 July 21 13:11 BST (UK) »
I  am  increasingly  worried  about this situation to  be  honest, I will be  wearing  my  mask  in  all the  places  I have  over the last 17  months  or  so,  been double  jabbed and we  are  both  very careful and we  have  to continue  to  be  so, everyone  just go careful and stay safe

I read  a vicar  is  in trouble  for  not adhering strictly  to the rules, my  church  is still going  to stick  to the rules unless the diocese comes up with something different, it  is  a  case  of watch  this space

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 18 July 21 14:49 BST (UK) »
Thank you to all my RC friends for your kind words ….. it is a day by day situation.. one step forward then a couple back….

It is deeply concerning that someone who has had both vaccinations can be brought down with covid having been so careful….

I’m afraid July 19th’s changes will have no affect on us we will keep on doing what we’ve been doing these past 16 months..keeping safe!

Well done to pinetrees son for gaining his degree under extreme circumstances…

Keep safe everyone where ever you are…. So glad we live in a small village in a very rural area!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 18 July 21 16:55 BST (UK) »
Like many of the rest of you, I feel so sorry for poor Roobarb, and for all you others who have had terrible news and events to cope with recently. I wish you all comfort, peace of mind and loving support where and when you need it.
I have diligently shopped alone right from the start of all this hoo-haa, kept my asthmatic husband in the car, allowed to drive but not to emerge from it, worn mask and gloves, sanitised everywhere, and I have ABSOLUTELY NO CONFIDENCE in "Freedom"!! I thought they were barmy weeks back, and I'm totally certain now! It's so certain it'll all continue to spread and intensify......
What on earth can we do in face of all the stupid, stupid decisions and behaviour??
I think I'll plant a huge and thorny hedge around our house, and stay there!
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 18 July 21 19:19 BST (UK) »
Roobarb so sorry to hear that you are still feeling rotten, sincerely hope you start to improve soon.

Thank you RTL and Caroline for your kind words about our son’s achievement.

Very frustrating for you and OH Caroline with his continued struggle with the nasty virus, can’t believe we were reading about your huge efforts with fencing just a few weeks ago.  Hopefully he’ll get back to his old self before too long.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 18 July 21 19:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks for further good wishes, it's heartening to read so many kind words. I agree about the vaccinations RTL, I'm sure things would have been much worse without them. Tonight I actually had a little bit of appetite Pinetree,  so had a little more to eat, something nutritionally good as due to my having no sense of taste it could be anything! It's a step in the right direction anyway. Hoping to get my energy levels up a bit, I'm getting quite exhausted just going upstairs but I can't expect everything at once.

LM and TY, I'm sorry this has worried you, I wish I could offer some words of reassurance, it's difficult to know what to say. Without swearing! I really think the government should have ar least kept the rule for wearing masks on public transport and in supermarkets if nothing else. It wouldn't spoil anyone's enjoyment of anything and would give a little comfort to people like yourselves.

Hope your OH makes some progress Caroline, it's certainly been a long drag for him.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 18 July 21 19:47 BST (UK) »
I’m a bit behind but I was to use a phrase ‘ gobsmacked ‘ to hear you’d caught Covid Roobarb as you’d been so careful and cautious.  Take care of yourself.
Hope Caroline’s OH improves and delighted to hear the good news of Pinetrees son.
We all need some good news .
So called Freedom day doesn’t mean a lot to us as we’ll be continuing as we were with masks and not going anywhere. However I am hoping that husband can get an emergency dentist appt tomorrow. He’s been really struggling in pain and rang on Friday and he has to ring at 9am tomorrow to try and get an emergency appt. He’s currently been taking a cocktail of paracetamol, ibuprofen and codeine spaced out through the days. If he goes down with Covid a few days after that, he’ll know where he got it from.
North East of England