Author Topic: Diary > Summary - Week ending 18th July 2021  (Read 6000 times)

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Summary - Week ending 18th July 2021
« Reply #72 on: Monday 19 July 21 22:15 BST (UK) »
Sorry, duplicated, now deleted

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Monday 19 July 21 22:20 BST (UK) »
Oh that is better news, Candleflame, glad to read it.
An appointment at the Dr’s?
They have all gone by ten past eight ,trouble is there is not one full time Dr there ,all must be doing private work as only in two days etc.

The backlog of things that were treatable will now be enormous ,and of much worsened conditions.

I thought when restrictions were lifted I would feel relief etc but no,now it is more apprehension ,it is too soon .
Viktoria.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 10:55 BST (UK) »
Such a performance to get a Doctors appt these days. A total nightmare Candleflame, and I know my BP goes through the roof just thinking about such circumstances! Glad you managed though, and hoping husband continues to improve.
Good news Roobarb is recovering too.
As I understand it, the double vaccination can mean that symptoms are so mild a "victim" is unaware that they are infectious. And of course, by the time one gets an official response from a PCR test, one could infect masses of other people.  Especially now that our esteemed PM has said face coverings are no longer necessary!! >:(
My summary for the week ending 18th July:
Had a lovely day out at Lyme Regis dancing with the Morris group. Unfortunately the road to Exeter was closed for around 12 hours, and we were very late due to having to fight our way out of Torbay, and of course with the glorious weather, Lyme was packed, but we kept our distance as far as possible. Our first public performance out since 2019; it was so nice to dance again.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 11:10 BST (UK) »
Quite a busy week, dashing hither and yon, getting the car prepared for its MOT, couple of trips out around the countryside to places never before ventured and then.......Friday afternoon on a trip to see a friend in Bradford on Avon from our time there...wham! bang! ,a rear end shunt whilst we were stationary and waiting to overtake a parked car transporter.
No personal damage (unless something creeps up on us) but very shaken. Car rear end not a pretty sight, but still driveable. OP admitted liability and we now waith for the insurance process.
OP hopped it as soon as she had given her details but there was a very kind couple in another car who were very helpful in making sure that we were OK and that the car was safe to drive. Eternally grateful to them and we have made contact with them since to say thank you.
So now we await the fate of our dear Honda Jazz.
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 11:56 BST (UK) »
Oh dear, thank  goodness  you  are  both  OK, same  thing  happened  to  us at  a roundabout, it  was a real shame to honest, the  young woman  was  a  teacher, who  calmed  her down,  me, as  I  said to  her no one is hurt, well my Fusion  had £2000 worth  of  damage  on  it  but thankfully they still repaired it, i  like   my Fusion

There  are  kind people  about, even if the other driver wasn't  caring you found a couple  who were, thank  goodness for  nice  people and  that  is  what  makes  the world  go round

Take  care to  both  of you and your lady  wife

Louisa  Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 12:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks LM
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 14:42 BST (UK) »
Oh that is rotten Jeff.
H and I have both ost a favourite car that way.  :'(
So glad there were some kind people around to help you out.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 17:01 BST (UK) »
Good to hear your public dancing is back on MH.

Jeff, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident, thank goodness you weren't hurt. A nasty experience nevertheless.

Today I had a phone call from the doctor's surgery, asking how I am. I was told that I could take part in the NHS monitoring system if I wanted to. There's an app to download (I think you can do it via ordinary Internet too), you record pulse and oxygen levels, temperature and how you're feeling, cough, breathing etc. You record it twice (I think) per day so that they can monitor how you are without having to visit a GP. I thought as I live on my own it's a good idea so have set it up. They were going to send an oximeter and thermometer via the fire service but as I have my own I can use them. Nice to know they're keeping an eye on me.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 17:53 BST (UK) »
How very encouraging to know you will be monitored by the surgery Roobarb.
Sounds like Caroline's husband could do with similar observations, but nice to know that kind of surveillance is up and running.