Author Topic: Getting an NHS Covid pass  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Getting an NHS Covid pass
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 July 21 10:11 BST (UK) »
josey

We phoned the Dutch embassy and spoke to a very helpful woman there. Maybe the Irish have a similar service. We also searched the government and the NHS websites.  German friends have kept us up to date with mask wearing, etc., and told us that the Covid pass is required to enter restaurants there. 

Of course things may change before we leave, but, like you, I like to prepare well in advance, though I will be keeping a weather eye out for developments.  Our travel insurance costs have shot up, mainly because of cover against possible Covid based changes to plans.  Not only do we have our new GB passports, but we also have the new health cards which replace the EHIC - both were running close to expiry.  We also have paid a little extra for the ferry which will allow us to change or cancel with full refund at the last minute.  I'm afraid it all adds up to a much more expensive trip than our usual ones (we would normally visit Germany in this way twice a year), but we haven't had one for nearly 2 years, so console ourselves with that.

Hope you enjoy your holiday in ireland. :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 18 July 21 19:44 BST (UK) »
Finally decided to cancel our trip next week to Germany via ferry and car through the Netherlands.  Things became too complicated and it became impossible to get up to date information about the different countries' requirements.  The Covid situation in the Netherlands is worsening, too.  We were within the 14 day cooling-off period with our travel insurance so cancelled that, the hotel had been booked directly so we were able to cancel that at no cost to us,  the ferry can be booked at a later date, so in the end we were not much out of pocket.  I must say I am quite relieved, though my husband is very disappointed, as he had various appointments to keep. 

josey
I hope your trip to Ireland goes ahead without too many problems.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline heatherjulie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 18 July 21 21:04 BST (UK) »
I don't have a smart phone and so applied for a paper copy to be sent to me.It took less than 5 minutes to set up an NHS account and order the Covid certificate which arrived in the post within 5 working days.
I wasn't asked for photo I D. I was sent a link to verify my email address and a code was sent to my phone.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 18 July 21 21:35 BST (UK) »
Oh that's a shame Gillg. After all that planning but I am sure you have made the right decision. It's pointless being on 'holiday' but feeling anxious. All my bookings are cancellable at no cost within a few days of departure so like you I will keep an eye on developments. Looks like covid is raging in quite a few areas.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 12:30 BST (UK) »
First item on "You and Yours", Radio 4 now is Covid vaccination passes. Includes the 4 official phone numbers for UK + warnings about scams. Info also on programme website.
Cowban

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 12:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks MS, will listen to that later.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline Familysearch

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 27 July 21 13:10 BST (UK) »
I found the process quite straightforward, and amazed I did it!!

Technology is fast leaving me behind - I grew up in computer world 30 plus years ago, and things are so different now.

I was asked to scan my driving licence and then take a photo of myself.  A few flashing lights later and I was accepted and in!  This was on an iPad.

FS

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 30 July 21 11:12 BST (UK) »
The NHS England App for Covid passes is still not available to Isle of Man residents - despite promises :(

IOM Government has admitted it has no idea when residents on the Isle of Man will be able to use the NHS Covid App to prove their vaccination status.

Health Minister David Ashford has told Manx Radio the UK will not prioritise the Isle of Man.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 30 July 21 12:24 BST (UK) »
Being discussed on "You and Yours" again now. Particular difficulties for people who had their 2 jabs in different countries such as students.
Cowban