Author Topic: Maiden name: Weintraub?  (Read 367 times)

Offline trees241

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Maiden name: Weintraub?
« on: Tuesday 13 July 21 00:57 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

What do you think? Does the attached look like Weintraub? Ancestry said Weintrant, and FamilySearch on the same record said Weintranb. Additional research on FamilySearch points to many more instances of Weintraub. Ancestry and FamilySearch did not have the image of this record, so I ordered the PDF version. Glad I did!

I have attached examples of "t" elsewhere in the document which helps show that it is more likely Weintraub and not Weintrant.

Thanks!

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Maiden name: Weintraub?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 July 21 02:28 BST (UK) »
Agree that it is Weintrau....... and most likely 'b' at the end.  Just to make sure though are there any other instances of the letters 'b' or 'p' in the document.

Would this have been a signature or was it something written out by another person? 

Offline trees241

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 July 21 02:35 BST (UK) »
It was written by another person. Part of a Birth Certificate. I have attached a written example from the document of "Austria" to show similarity of the "u". I do not see a "p" or other examples of "b".

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 July 21 09:15 BST (UK) »
Weintraub gets my vote.  :)
McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Online Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 13 July 21 22:30 BST (UK) »
...and mine.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU