Author Topic: Microsoft Office Fonts  (Read 691 times)

Online LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Microsoft Office Fonts
« on: Wednesday 14 July 21 12:45 BST (UK) »
My aged laptop (was Windoes 8 - upgraded to Windows 10) seems to have several versions of Microsoft Office installed over the years (see snip) There is also a folder for Office 15 in another folder. As this laptop is now failing on microphone and speakers intermittently and some keys giving trouble, I got a new one a couple of months ago.
My husband meanwhile took out a household sub to Microsoft office 365, so I installed that on the new one.
Documents and Spreadsheets originated on old laptop are fine on the new one, but Powerpoints are not. With some slides I have used unusual fonts which are not on Office 365 but most have been standard with my older versions.
can I transfer the old fonts to my new machine somehow, so my powerpoints look OK again?.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft Office Fonts
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 July 21 12:48 BST (UK) »
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Michael J

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 July 21 14:06 BST (UK) »
It is possible, I'm still using fonts from a previous computer that ran windows 98SE.

Online ReadyDale

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 14 July 21 15:37 BST (UK) »
My aged laptop (was Windoes 8 - upgraded to Windows 10) seems to have several versions of Microsoft Office installed over the years (see snip) There is also a folder for Office 15 in another folder. As this laptop is now failing on microphone and speakers intermittently and some keys giving trouble, I got a new one a couple of months ago.
My husband meanwhile took out a household sub to Microsoft office 365, so I installed that on the new one.
Documents and Spreadsheets originated on old laptop are fine on the new one, but Powerpoints are not. With some slides I have used unusual fonts which are not on Office 365 but most have been standard with my older versions.
can I transfer the old fonts to my new machine somehow, so my powerpoints look OK again?.
Yes, save down the TTF files for the fonts you require, then you'll be able to install them on the new computer.

Online LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 15 July 21 11:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you all, it looks easier than I thought, I'll give it a go
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott