Author Topic: James Eade born Hamlet of Bulcamp, Suffolk, England  (Read 981 times)

Offline Bisqit71

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Eade born Hamlet of Bulcamp, Suffolk, England
« on: Thursday 15 July 21 10:30 BST (UK) »
I know he married Margaret Brand nee Mann.  She married William Brand who died and she then married James Eade both in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and they all died in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. I know his parents are James Eade and Elizabeth (Shielding, Shaldrig both off official documents pass through family).  Thick accents were maybe at play and maybe not literate to know correct spelling. I believe the surname to be Sheldrake.

I believe I have found his christening record being 10 Oct 1830 Blythburgh, Suffolk, England, United Kingdom and wife Margaret Mann's immigration record to Brisbane, Australia from Glasgow, Scotland on the "Helenslee" age 20 and single as Margaret Mann.

I am having trouble finding how James Eade got to Australia. They married on 04/02/1871. I am quite sure his parents stayed in England in Blythburgh, Suffolk, England due to census records for James and Elizabeth Eade(1841, 1851, 1861, 1871, 1881) two of which have son James with them.  They were both born Blythburgh, Suffolk, England 1841 on the census. Then James in 1861  added Middleton ,Blythburgh, Suffolk, England and Elizabeth added in 1851 Capel, Suffolk, England and 1861 Capel St Andrew, Suffolk, England. I am fairly confident I have James Eade's (1830) census records for 1841 Hamlet of Bulcamp, Suffolk, England and 1851 Blythburgh, Suffolk, England with his parents.

So I am guessing he travelled unassisted with maybe a relative or as an adult which put his travel between 1851-1871.  I appear to be going in circles.

Any help would be gratefully accepted. Thank you in advance.

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: James Eade born Hamlet of Bulcamp, Suffolk, England
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 July 21 18:13 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. Not sure if this is going to help or not! There is a tree online that says James Eade senior was married to Elizabeth Ladd b1796, who was from Capel St Andrew, Suffolk. The marriage took place on the 23rd February 1813 in Huntingfield, Suffolk, and can be found on Family Search. I could not find any trace of James Eade on any shipping lists, although there was a James Eade working as a Crew member in 1867. He was listed as James Eade AB his conduct was very good, and his seamanship was also very good. However I can only find him making one journey on the Raymahal from Liverpool to India. Happy hunting.
Regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 July 21 13:19 BST (UK) »
I know he married Margaret Brand nee Mann.  She married William Brand who died and she then married James Eade both in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and they all died in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. I know his parents are James Eade and Elizabeth (Shielding, Shaldrig both off official documents pass through family).  Thick accents were maybe at play and maybe not literate to know correct spelling. I believe the surname to be Sheldrake.

James Ade
Elizabeth Sheldrake
Marriage Date:   14 Oct 1823
Marriage Place:   Farnham,Suffolk,England
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bisqit71

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 01 August 21 13:30 BST (UK) »
Thank you I did find both marriages and do believe they are the same James Eade.

I did find a James Eade travelling unassisted with what appears to be his elder brother John? However I now cannot find the record.