Poll

Have you noticed records disappearing from your tree or other peoples on Ancestry?

Yes - I have seen this on mine and other people's trees
5 (45.5%)
Yes - I have seen this on other people's trees only
0 (0%)
No - I have not see this on mine or other people's trees
4 (36.4%)
No - I have not see this on my tree
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Ancestry - Disappearing records  (Read 827 times)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ancestry - Disappearing records
« on: Friday 16 July 21 13:55 BST (UK) »
I am asking this question as I am convinced I have seen records disappearing from mine and other people's trees on Ancestry and I would be interested in other peoples experiences.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline JAKnighton

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry - Disappearing records
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 July 21 11:06 BST (UK) »
Ancestry does lose rights to certain record sets from time to time, so those records would be removed if they are attached to people in your tree. It's happened to me at least once.
Knighton in Huntingdonshire and Northamptonshire
Tweedie in Lanarkshire and Co. Down
Rodgers in Durham and Co. Monaghan
McMillan in Lanarkshire and Argyllshire

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 July 21 11:24 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply.

In my case that is not what has happened. What has happened is that records such as BMD details have been deleted but they are still on the system and I can add them again. Also in some cases whilst the link to the information is still on my tree where i wrote those details on my tree has been deleted which i think is most strange.

Thank you also to those who answered the poll.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline chiddicks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 July 21 15:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply.

In my case that is not what has happened. What has happened is that records such as BMD details have been deleted but they are still on the system and I can add them again. Also in some cases whilst the link to the information is still on my tree where i wrote those details on my tree has been deleted which i think is most strange.

Thank you also to those who answered the poll.

I found similar experience with broken links, the records themselves were still there but I had to reattach them to the individuals
https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Searching the names Chiddicks, Keyes, Wootton, Daniels, Lake, Lukes, Day, Barnes

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 19 July 21 18:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you to everyone who replied. I will close this question now.