Author Topic: Edward and Agnes Lord, Cardiff  (Read 543 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward and Agnes Lord, Cardiff
« on: Saturday 17 July 21 09:44 BST (UK) »
Wonder if anyone can extract the couple at the back of this photo? And hopefully remove the brackets please. Only one i have of my great grandparents, and would love to use it as their profile photos on my tree.

Many thanks,

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Online japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edward and Agnes Lord, Cardiff
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 July 21 10:17 BST (UK) »
Not sure what you mean by the brackets and 3 on back row? Can you scan just the bit you want at a higher res?  Perhaps others will do a much better job

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 July 21 10:45 BST (UK) »
Sorry japeflakes, the ‘brackets’ over the head of the elderly couple were added by the owner of the photo (deceased) to indicate her grandparents. No idea who the younger lady alongside is. It’s a copy of the photo but the best i have. I’ll try and crop the photo to just the back row.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline PatBot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 July 21 11:25 BST (UK) »
Deidre, not sure if this is what you had in mind, I resized it you can use it in your family tree pics.
I am sure other restorers can do it to get a clearer image.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 17 July 21 11:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks PatBot, that’s great. Losing the unknown lady alongside makes it much clearer. 🌺

Offline hoobaloo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 17 July 21 13:07 BST (UK) »
A try from me, John.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 17 July 21 17:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone 😀

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 17 July 21 18:23 BST (UK) »
One from me
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 17 July 21 19:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks Pat 🌺