Author Topic: Your first 1921 census look up  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Nic.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Your first 1921 census look up
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 28 July 21 07:30 BST (UK) »
It would be my great grandad on my mother’s side, I can’t find him on 1911 census, he was a very dodgy character according to my Nan and moved out of the family home when she was a child.  He died in 1923, I’m hoping he’ll show on 1921 it might give me a clue on what he was up to.

Nic

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 28 July 21 11:51 BST (UK) »

I’m keen to find my great uncle. He was a police constable in Durham, married a Durham girl in 1914, had twin daughters born in 1915, and fought in WW1 rising to be a sergeant in the Northumberland Fusiliers. He and his family should be on the 1921 census and he will probably indicate that he was born in Ireland.

Looking forward to it  :D

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline fhtess1165

• RootsChat Extra
  • http://writingmypast.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 28 July 21 17:00 BST (UK) »
Hi guys,
Not much doing today as it's so hot....
So I was wondering who will be your first person to look up on the 1921 census when released in the new year and maybe why ? Will it help you break through a research brick wall that has been a stumbling block for the last ten years or even more ??
<snip>
Stay safe.

My maternal grandparents and then my maternal 2nd great-grandmother... very interested in my grandparents' occupations. They would have been about 20, but I know neither were able to go beyond high school. I know my grandmother was a seamstress, so curious to see if she was working as such in June 1921.
Spong, Taylor, Ferdinando, Lawley, Cox, Sinkins, Morris, Sidney, Keel, Montgomery, Barlow, Izzard, Pearce, Warboys, River, Sherrell, White, Beake