Author Topic: Diary > Summary - Week ending 25th July 2021  (Read 5104 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Summary - Week ending 25th July 2021
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 20 July 21 14:18 BST (UK) »
We  are  forecast  thunder, just  heard  a rumble
LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 20 July 21 14:41 BST (UK) »
Just had a downpour… sadly it’s made no difference to the temp …28C!

Good to hear people are still abiding by the previous dictates….. not been anywhere to see yet…

Keep cool and safe everyone
Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 20 July 21 18:14 BST (UK) »
Roobarb, I am glad to hear cough is less troublesome.  It sounds like you are improving more each day.  Thank goodness that you were double jabbed in time before this all happened, so you most likely have a good defence system working for you.  :)

Candleflame, that is good news recently that your husband now has antibiotics.  This will surely, improve things for him. :)

Louisa Maud .. Congratulations to your Granddaughter on getting the result she was after in her degree.  How proud you must be feeling!  These young people who have achieved this success have done doubly well considering the circumstances they have faced.  Thanks for sharing this good news. :)

My diary:

Last night I was surprised to find that my first bus went direct into the bus station as it used to.  It just hadn't occurred to me that this would change so fast.  Pleasant surprise.
Quite a good number not wearing face coverings in the bus station last night.  However, on way home after work this morning I see that the overwhelming majority of people are wearing masks and seem to be trying to keep to distancing where possible.
I had someone sit next to me on one return bus this morning as it was so busy.
I called at my local library to drop off some books and to pick up a book I had ordered.
Surprised to see that books no longer have to go into quarantine bins.
All little changes but I can't feeling a sense of surprise at each little lift of restriction, even though I know such things can now be expected.  The weather is still very good.  It is not often that it is this warm on Tyneside.
People seem to be in good spirits out and about.

Well, I had been skedaddle off now as I have to get myself sorted for nightshift ahead.  Ta ta for now. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 20 July 21 19:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks for further good wishes everyone. I agree RTL, heaven knows what I'd have been like without the vaccination, doesn't bear thinking about.

LM, congratulations to your granddaughter, that's really good news.
Pleased to hear that lots of people are still wearing masks, particularly on your bus journeys RTL. Also good news that your husband has got some treatment for his dental problems Candleflame, it must be such a relief.

No rain here, it's been another scorcher although not quite as high temperatures as round your way Caroline.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 20 July 21 23:07 BST (UK) »
RTL - good to hear your bus services haven’t been affected and to hear people still continuing with face coverings and distancing…. Think it’s almost ingrained into us all now…

Well Roobarb we’ve had some right old storms this afternoon, thunder, lightening and down pours! Sadly made very little difference to the temps! Even now at just past 11pm  it’s still in the 20’s!
Hope you’ll continue to make progress and yes what a blessing you’ve had both jabs!

Take care all
Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 07:12 BST (UK) »
We had a mini storm yesterdy afternoon, it was quite strange, the wind blew up and then it rained , the wind was so strong the rain was almost horizontal blowing across the road, didn't last long but it was a tad cooler, this morning the sun is out and it is quite warm again, it didn't clear the air yesterday and hardly did the garden much good either

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 11:06 BST (UK) »
Glad to see educational successes amongst grandchildren. Well done to all. :D
No thunder here. It continues glorious, but I changed to our lightest duvet at the weekend, so we are comfortable at night.
Yesterday we submitted our 6th blood sample to UCL for the Covid anti-body test.  My blood flowed quite easily, but now my finger is a little sore for typing!  :'(
It seems to me that H might have too much time on his hands! :-\
While I wasn't looking he bought one of those fancy pod coffee making machines. That goes against ALL my principals, and I can't tolerate strong coffee anyway, so it will be a fairly constant thorn in my kitchen for a while no doubt. :-X  Ah well.....
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 21:36 BST (UK) »
Put a tea towel over it MH, out of sight out of mind.  ;)

I've just realised that despite my having started these threads I posted on the wrong one earlier today.  ::)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 22:17 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D Good plan!! Thanks Roobarb.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.