Author Topic: Diary > Summary - Week ending 25th July 2021  (Read 5086 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Summary - Week ending 25th July 2021
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 25 July 21 23:33 BST (UK) »
Good to hear you’re improving Roobarb… we’re all rooting for you…slowly does it.

RTL - not sure which is worse early morning for day shifts or working at night… you’re a real trooper and I’ve great admiration for you.. pity about your church services but hopefully next time..

LM - I’m sure even singing with face coverings on felt uplifting for you…

Annette - hope your get together with your family goes ahead next week… weather due to be a bit cooler… how odd that no ones heard from the Romanian family perhaps returned home and now not able to get back to UK.

Viktoria- how pleasing for you to know your friend received her lovely goodies from you so quickly…hope you get your sugar levels sorted soon..

Thankyou all for your kind words re my OH… the last couple of days seem to be improvements… eyes looking better… lawns mowed ( took all day though with rests) and yesterday apple tree pruned… maybe a bit too much as today he was wiped out but keeping 🤞🤞 he’s turned the corner especially as it’s now coming up to 6 weeks since it all started…😳😳.

Take care everyone and stay safe… still…

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 25 July 21 23:36 BST (UK) »
Oh that is good news ,thanks for letting us know,make sure you look after yourself too,!
Listen to your Grandma,! ;)
Viktoria.

Online tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Monday 26 July 21 10:52 BST (UK) »
Hello all.

On Friday we had my father's funeral. A cooler day than the rest of the week so much better for the tone of the day. We were joined by about 30 family and close friends and was a wonderful day. Tears and laughter as we reminisced about my Dad. Tears closed as we left to "My Way by Frank Sinatra"
 As Dad used to say it's a funeral classic. ......so we did it Dads way !

I hoped for some contact from Dads brothers family. We've not seen any of them since 1997 so have no idea if my uncle is alive. I have checked but nothing. The family that came are Mums side but they've always been close to Dad so that meant so much more to see them.

Last of the paper work done and bills paid. Time to plan ahead now. We're off to Northumberland on Friday hubby boys and myself just for a week. Time to breath and slow down.

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Monday 26 July 21 14:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks for relating that, it sounds just right..

There needs to be laughter at a funeral ,it is not disrespectful but a part of life and you would want to celebrate your Dad’s life .
Enjoy your break, and join us again .
Viktoria.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Monday 26 July 21 17:51 BST (UK) »
A lovely celebration of your Dad's life Tazzie, I hope you enjoy some relaxation in beautiful Northumberland. If you've been there before it's a lovely place to return to and if you haven't I'm sure you'll love it. Take care  :-*
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 27 July 21 22:16 BST (UK) »
Simple solution, Mark - make your own desserts and then YOU have the control over content.  Same applies to other courses.  :-X

Too much fat stresses the Pancreas too ,where Insulin is made ,so low fat diet as well!
It is very difficult and sweeteners are not always the best answer.
I too was annoyed as I was told after several phone calls my blood test results were “ Normal”, when I asked specifically re the blood sugar results they had gone up, to 43, only one but at 42 after the last test was sent leaflets etc about a clinic for pre diabetic people.
Best of luck ,I think 37 grams  is the maximum  an adult should not exceed a day ,and as there are often that much in desserts !
Let us know how you go on , and do try the pears, just like the nice tinned ones we used to get for Sunday tea when there were enough points in our ration books!
Viktoria.

Just been reading some of this thread.

Keep making progress Roobarb and best wishes for a good recovery.

Caroline, I do hope your Husband continues to improve and I send my best wishes.

Viktoria, 42 is better than 43. According to Diabetes UK these numbers sound like your blood HbA1c readings?

Be careful of tinned fruit, it is the syrup, it is full of sugar. I have recently rinsed the juice out of the tinned fruit with water, to use 2 tins of peaches before their BBE date.

Mrs P tells me our local newspaper claims our Doctors around here are inundated. Up to 40 mins of repeated engaged tone, cancel and immediate redial is not unusual, to book a GP 'phone appointment.

I'm not obese, but realised last year after a virus some normal body functions, e.g. body temperature had been left low (bordering hypothermia) and other changes, another is my outer facial skin layer flaking off and renewing every two weeks.

My immune system was over-reactive, I've known since a teenager, even against a prescribed medication and now have 3 newly discovered prescribed medications off-limits.

Been eating foods lower in sugar since last January, after GP advice. Even fruit and fibre has higher sugar than cornflakes or weetabix, no fine sprinkling of sugar on weetabix or cornflakes now  :( , watching every gram of sugar.

Purchased a blood monitoring kit, with lances, test strips and metering device. They seem too busy to offer any Clinic Services, which I would attend if offered.
 ----------
Low blood sugar is also a problem. Speak to your GP or Doctor first about new health issues.

Mark  :)