Author Topic: Diary > Summary - Week ending 25th July 2021  (Read 5076 times)

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Summary - Week ending 25th July 2021
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 25 July 21 17:34 BST (UK) »

So why is 43 better seemingly than 42?

[/quote]

Don't think 43 is better than 42 - it is the rate of increase that they are concerned with!  Don't know the time gap between blood tests but going up by only 1 over a period of time is hardly a rapid increase and probably manageable.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 25 July 21 18:01 BST (UK) »
Seem completely to have missed this week - probably because it's been far too hot for me most of the time. Surfacing at last now it's a bit cooler - even did a bit of most essential ironing, but not more than that.
Really not wanted to ease up on things like distancing or masks, and certainly no wish to go cavorting in enclosed spaces. Oh dear, the world is still mad.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 25 July 21 20:20 BST (UK) »
43 is not better than 42, but at 42 I got leaflets pamphlets and information about  being at risk etc ,a letter about a Help Line re raised blood sugar levels and times of a clinic.
Then along came Covid.
.My point was ,a little higher by 1 and it is considered normal , that  is daft
surely !
I will speak to my Dr.,the above “ normal” came from the receptionist.
Viktoria.
Over 18 months since last blood sugar level test.
Viktoria.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 25 July 21 20:25 BST (UK) »
Have been reading the diary each day but have literally done nothing worth commenting on.

Was supposed to have visited my nephew and family on Thursday but due to the heat (I live in an upstairs flat which is like an oven when it is hot) had virtually no sleep and felt most lethargic all day.  I decided it was best to cancel and now going next Wednesday.

We pray for nice weather and when we eventually get some it always ends up too hot.

I for one will still be carrying out the safety precautions done since 1st lockdown last March i.e. mask, sanitising.   Read this week that the majority of all the new cases were of people in their 20's which is what I suspected.  A couple of items I really wanted weren't available when I did my grocery order for Friday so late in the evening (when I deemed it would be quieter) I drove to my nearest supermarket.   Thankfully, it was indeed quieter but there were quite a lot of youngsters there and over half of them weren't wearing masks!  I was appalled! 

One of our flats is tenanted by a Romanian couple and toddler daughter.   Told by another neighbour that the guy had been quite vocal stating COVID was just a hoax!!   Anyway, around 3 months ago I saw a car come for them and off the 3 of them went with lots of luggage.   We have not seen them since!    I emailed the owner of the flat to see if he knew what the situation was but he knows nothing.   Was not aware that they have not been there for 3 months because they have still been paying their rent.   I'm assuming they won't be allowed back in the UK unless they are vaccinated.

Aside from this, my life plods on as usual (well, as usual as it has been since March 2020).

Hope Roobarb is feeling better now and Caroline's OH gets his malady sorted sooner rather than later.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 25 July 21 21:05 BST (UK) »
I went to the supermarket yesterday afternoon.  Thankfully, there didn't appear to be a shortage of food but there was a noticeable shortage of staff.  So it took longer for queues to get through.
I am guessing this may be due to the pingdemic, perhaps?
Regarding people who believe the hoax idea, I wonder if for some, this whole thing feels too scary and the mind can't face reality.  There has been too much evidence world wide for this to be any hoax.
I haven't been able to go to Church today as the online booking was full.  Hopefully next time, I might be more fortunate.  I have heard that they are hoping to gradually increase numbers allowed in.
Thanks, Mowsehowse I have had some rest on my time off but there always seems so much to catch up on.  I will swing back onto day shifts this week so will have to be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow.  I hope you have had a good weekend too.
I hope you continue feel better each day Roobarb.  I am sure that we have all appreciated that you have been popping in to let us know you are okay.  Very kind of you as you will not have been feeling 100%.
Caroline, I continue to hope that things will take a turn for the better for your husband. It must be very hard on him and you for this situation to have kept dragging on.
Take care everyone - I wonder what this week will bring?

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 25 July 21 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hope everyone is doing alright ,especially those other halves , and Roobarb and  people still working like RTLass .
Got a phone call from my friend in Shropshire, delighted with her Yardley’s Talc, Eau de Toilette and soap .
Got there quickly.
Well no real news so cheerio.
Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 25 July 21 21:47 BST (UK) »
RTL, my  church today allowed  singing with masks on, other  than  that restrictions  will be the same till about 1st  week in August, I suspect the diocese will tell us  more  later

Louisa  Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 25 July 21 22:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone, I'm slowly improving. My cough is much better, still have no sense of taste and smell and no appetite but I'm eating things that look nice and will nourish me. Today I've been able to increase my moving about, have to keep taking rests but it's definitely an improvement.

Good to read all your news, stay safe.  :-*
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 25 July 21 23:30 BST (UK) »
Glad things are improving but you still sound very fragile.
My friend from girlhood days ,(whose hubby did top kitchen cupboards mahogany bottom ones light  oak ) was hoping to see her first son and family  fromCumbria,but he is president of the Rugby Club and although they met outside - presumably other officials - he has tested positive !
Feels like an aching cotton wool filled head and tired and dizzy .

Hope you continue to progress Roobarb ,and everyone else who is not in the best of health , get well soon .
Viktoria.