Author Topic: Printed latin text help  (Read 266 times)

Offline mijath

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Printed latin text help
« on: Monday 19 July 21 23:52 BST (UK) »
Hello, as this is printed I think I can make out the jist of it, but I just want to check because it seems to have a surprising sentence, if I've worked it out correctly.

It's about a student at the English College in Rome.

There are a few abbreviations in front of Thomas Fitzherbert's name and one in front of Cardinal Farnesi's - I assume these are just honorifics.

Thank you for any help  :)
Thorpe, Feak & Townsend (Norfolk) / Ormandy & Slater (Dalton-in-Furness) / Corner (Liverpool) / Wray (Lincolnshire) / Fidler, Bridge & Turner (Derbyshire)

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Printed latin text help
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 July 21 10:39 BST (UK) »
Nicholas Ashton, otherwise (by his true name) Fitzakerley, of Lancaster, aged 23 at the Feast of the Nativity (Christmas) next following, was verified and admitted as a companion/member amongst the pupils of Our Most Sacred Lord by the Reverend Father Thomas Fitzherbert, Rector, upon the command of the Most Illustrious Cardinal Farnese, Protector, on the 5th day of October 1623. He departed for England on the 15th day of April 1626.

Offline mijath

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Printed latin text help
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 July 21 11:15 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much, that explains an issue I was having!

Mike
Thorpe, Feak & Townsend (Norfolk) / Ormandy & Slater (Dalton-in-Furness) / Corner (Liverpool) / Wray (Lincolnshire) / Fidler, Bridge & Turner (Derbyshire)