Author Topic: Francis Stewart, Corporal 201366, 4th Btn Gordon Highlanders, Nigg, Aberdeen  (Read 499 times)

Offline Pfig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has the above in their family tree and may have a photo of Francis or any of his family?  He's my Grandad's brother and I know a fair bit about him but no photo.  He served in WW1, earning the Military Medal.  He survived the War, came home to Nigg, Aberdeen but died on 23 February 1919, aged 31, of broncho pneumonia and is buried in a CWGC grave in Nigg Parish Churchyard, Aberdeen; he is also mentioned on the War Memorial there.  I visit his grave regularly and would love to see a photo of him.  He was married to Mary Ann Munro Webster, who died in 1932 aged 38.  They had 2 daughters - Ann Donald Stewart b.1914 and Mary Ann Reith Stewart b. 1916.  Thanks in advance.

Offline king ranger

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Stewart, Corporal 201366, 4th Btn Gordon Highlanders, Nigg, Aberdeen
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 00:18 BST (UK) »
Hi if you apply to join a site called Gordon Highlanders War Graves & War Memorials, there is a lady on there called Anne Park. Anne has gone around logging all the Gordon Highlanders buried in Aberdeen.She has data Base second to non on the Gordons . Once you are accepted just post and if Anne can help she will.
                                       Colin.

Offline Pfig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Stewart, Corporal 201366, 4th Btn Gordon Highlanders, Nigg, Aberdeen
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 08:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Colin, thank you for replying and letting me know about Anne.  I'll contact her, fingers crossed!  All the best, Pauline.

Offline king ranger

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 09:24 BST (UK) »
Was it Francis that stayed on Altens Farm road , the house was turned into a bar for the residents of the old Nigg Caravan park?

Offline Pfig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 11:26 BST (UK) »
I couldn't say either way but the addresses I have for Francis are -

Born 1887, Backhill, Rubislaw
1901, 87 John Street, Aberdeen
1914, 6 High Street, Cove Bay
Died 1919, 6 Seaview Terrace, Cove Bay

Offline king ranger

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 13:09 BST (UK) »
Hi  Pauline thanks must be another soldier if Francis was a Cove man.
                              Colin