Author Topic: Ministry of Pensions Hospital Childwall  (Read 911 times)

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Ministry of Pensions Hospital Childwall
« on: Thursday 22 July 21 13:07 BST (UK) »
Looking at a death certificate and the hospital is the place of death in 1945  Would this be where perhaps ‘war wounded’ would be treated. The cause of death doesn’t confirm a war wound but was after an operation so may have had complications from one. The poor chap has a war grave.

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ministry of Pensions Hospital Childwall
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 July 21 13:14 BST (UK) »
See the bit about Salisbury House: http://www.childwall.info/tour-part-2/4576516413
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 July 21 13:18 BST (UK) »

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 July 21 16:06 BST (UK) »
Shaun - was this the place that children from Myrtle St Childrens Hospital were sent to to re cuperate in the 1950's and 1960's - Well enough to leave Hospital - but still needed to rest - out in the fresh air of the grounds - I THINK - I may be wrong - but weren't they Polio cases ?...  and was it nicknamed THE JOLLY SOLLY ?
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 July 21 16:41 BST (UK) »
was this the place that children from Myrtle St Childrens Hospital were sent to to re cuperate in the 1950's and 1960's

I've no idea !
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 22 July 21 19:35 BST (UK) »
As a child in the late fifties/early sixties I used to pass it on the 81 bus going from Woolton to West Derby to visit my grandparents. I can only ever remember it being a school.

Was Alder Hey open as a children's hospital back then. I can remember the children's hospital being Myrtle Street.
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 22 July 21 19:38 BST (UK) »
Oh I want to know the answer to that now 😀😀

Shaun - was this the place that children from Myrtle St Childrens Hospital were sent to to re cuperate in the 1950's and 1960's - Well enough to leave Hospital - but still needed to rest - out in the fresh air of the grounds - I THINK - I may be wrong - but weren't they Polio cases ?...  and was it nicknamed THE JOLLY SOLLY ?

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 22 July 21 19:41 BST (UK) »
As a child in the late fifties/early sixties I used to pass it on the 81 bus going from Woolton to West Derby to visit my grandparents. I can only ever remember it being a school.

Was Alder Hey open as a children's hospital back then. I can remember the children's hospital being Myrtle Street.

me too Emeltom
I got the 81 from Speke to Townsend Lane and passed the "school"  as I say though - I think it was a school for sick children who were recuperating from Myrtle St Childrens Hospital - I don't recall Alder Hey sending sick kids there - but I may well be wrong ....
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford