Author Topic: Ferguson burial search Stirlingshire  (Read 938 times)

Offline martyn ferguson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ferguson burial search Stirlingshire
« on: Friday 23 July 21 15:07 BST (UK) »
Help please. Will be visiting Scotland in September and want to lay flowers at the graves of my great great grandmother. Margaret Morrison Ferguson, died 13/11/1908 at Bonnybridge and my great grandfather, James Morrison Ferguson, died Camelon fever hospital 15/10/1898.

Falkirk bereavement records office have no record of interments, the copies of death registrations I have provided are of no use regarding interments, and advise cremations did not start until well after their deaths. They advise they are probably buried in a churchyard. However I have exhausted all on line burial records for the many local churches and cemeteries. I am guessing there will be a parish record somewhere. They would not be buried out of the Stirlingshire area.

Anyone any ideas where to go to next?

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ferguson burial search Stirlingshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 July 21 20:11 BST (UK) »
The following is from Scotlands People https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

A James Morrison Ferguson died 15 Oct 1898 in Falkirk was the son of James Ferguson (deceased) and Margaret Ferguson (maiden name) Morrison.

This James was married to Jeanie Cuttill and his brother Andrew was the informant.  He died of Typhoid. 

Margaret per your date in 13 Nov 1908 was widow of a David Ferguson her parents were Andrew Morrison and Isabella Wright the informant was Andrew McLaren a son-in-law.

May I ask where you got your information from?

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline martyn ferguson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 July 21 20:22 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks for the response. James Morrison Ferguson married Frances Cuttell in Leeds and his parents were Margaret Morrison Ferguson and David Ferguson. I have all the relevant birth and death certificates from Scotland’s people. Both Margaret and James died within the Falkirk council area yet they have no records of interment. Margaret lived in the Denny, Larbert, Bonnybridge area all her life and I have checked as far as I can the burial records of all nearby churches (on line only). Is it possible that parish burial records are held somewhere?
Thanks again for the interest. Incidentally I have some family member M.I inscriptions and headstone photos from Denny cemetery so I would have thought they would be interred there if anywhere rather than a church cemetery.

Offline martyn ferguson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 July 21 20:24 BST (UK) »
Sorry, my mistake, date of death of James was definitely 15/10/98 and not 15/11/98 as per my original post. I did give the correct date to the bereavement service at Falkirk.

Offline martyn ferguson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 July 21 20:30 BST (UK) »
Original post corrected. My grandfather George James Morrison Ferguson was born in Leeds 23/9/1898 just three weeks before James died in the fever hospital at Camelon. Frances stayed in Leeds after James died, remarried eventually and all contact with my Scottish relatives ceased. I doubt James ever saw his son.