Author Topic: Mollie Reilly Ryan and two youngest kids in PA, USA  (Read 345 times)

Offline R_HC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mollie Reilly Ryan and two youngest kids in PA, USA
« on: Saturday 24 July 21 17:25 BST (UK) »
Hello, I realize this is a low-quality image but it is the only copy I have accessible right now. What I'm really wondering is if someone can help to date based on the clothing. Date-wise, is it possible that this is my great-great grandmother Mollie (Reilly) Ryan from Pennsylvania, and her two youngest kids? She was born in 1853, her youngest son in 1887 and youngest daughter in 1889. She died in 1894. So if this photo is her, this would have had to have been taken around 1893, right before her death (daughter age 3, son age 5, she was 40). What do you experts think? Thank you so much for your help.

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
Re: Mollie Reilly Ryan and two youngest kids in PA, USA
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 July 21 04:38 BST (UK) »
I think this is about 15 years later than you were hoping for, say 1908-1910.

I’m also thinking that there is a strong resemblance between the lady in this photo and the young lady in your earlier post, here: https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=816281.msg6777848#msg6777848

Further, I’m wondering if the child in your earlier post may be the boy in your current post.

Just one more comment for what it’s worth. You said in the earlier post that your great-great grandfather’s daughters had no children, but that photo certainly looks like it is showing off four generations. :-\

Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline R_HC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mollie Reilly Ryan and two youngest kids in PA, USA
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 July 21 12:30 BST (UK) »
Too bad. Yes, I’m definitely on the hunt for my 2g grandmother Mollie’s photo. The one I posted before has turned out to be four generations, but with a twist: It shows 3g grandmother (Catherine), 2g grandfather (Thomas), his daughter-in-law (my great-uncle’s wife, Florence), and his grandson (my grandmother‘s cousin, James Jr.). Thomas and Mollie’s daughters definitely had no kids (only his two sons had children) and my grandmother’s cousin James Jr. was an only child so this can’t be him and a sister.

Instead  this photo must instead be of a more distant cousin or family friend (our family has kept many photos like that but unfortunately none are marked so it’s tough to sort things out). Thanks so much for your help! I’ll keep searching.
Rosemary