Author Topic: BAGALEY, Elizabeth b. 1827 d. 1848 Lincolnshire  (Read 1120 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: BAGALEY, Elizabeth b. 1827 d. 1848 Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: Monday 02 August 21 07:20 BST (UK) »
It may just be so simple as that Mary Beet was Elizabeths friend.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline mead researcher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 02 August 21 07:41 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Trish, yes could possibly be  :).
But we always hope for more don't we...?
If "my" Mary BAGALEY/BAGLEY/BAGGALEY was the mother of the illegitimate Elizabeth, then she is proving to be something of an enigma.  Maybe I'll find proof of her parentage one day  :-\
Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
Barbara
Researching:
BEST, BRAME, KNIGHT, LEWIS, McSHEEHY, O'NEIL, SCHUETZE & WILKE

http://www.kirchneryoungtreeoflife.bndon.com
Researching:
BAGGALEY, BARTHOLOMEW, BOYD, CLIFTON, GALLAGHER, GEERTZ, HARBER, HARBOUR, KIRCHNER, McDONALD, MEAD, PETER, TAYLOR, YOUNG

Offline mead researcher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 07 August 21 03:08 BST (UK) »
Hello again re looking into the death of Elizabeth BAGLEY d. 1848 Long Bennington & queries re information on Death Certificate.
I have now also acquired the Death Certificate of (possibly her Grandmother) Jane BAGGALEY d. 1858 Long Bennington.
I had hoped for some information to be revealed in place of death column, but on both it merely states "Long Bennington".
My other hope was in the Informant column......
I am bewildered by details on both certificates, as name of Informant (different on each) seem to have no known family connection.
I have heard there was possibly a Cottage Hospital in Long Bennington in the 1840's - 1850's & wonder if the Informant names could have that type of connection - for them to be "present at the death".
Copies of both certificates are attached and I look forward to any local information re "Informant" details.
Fingers crossed someone may have some ideas of what may have been common procedure in that era.
Thanks in advance
Barbara in Australia
Researching:
BEST, BRAME, KNIGHT, LEWIS, McSHEEHY, O'NEIL, SCHUETZE & WILKE

http://www.kirchneryoungtreeoflife.bndon.com
Researching:
BAGGALEY, BARTHOLOMEW, BOYD, CLIFTON, GALLAGHER, GEERTZ, HARBER, HARBOUR, KIRCHNER, McDONALD, MEAD, PETER, TAYLOR, YOUNG