Author Topic: Battery for CNM Tablet  (Read 804 times)

Offline MaidinEngland

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Battery for CNM Tablet
« on: Tuesday 27 July 21 12:13 BST (UK) »
I have a CnM 9.7" android 4.0 multi touch tablet, purchased from a shopping channel some years ago.  It did not have manual and did not charge well and has been left for a couple of years.  I took it to a repair shop and am told it needs a new battery but they cannot source one as CnM is no longer trading.

The box says battery is 6000mAh and I could not find anything on Amazon or Ebay.

Any ideas?

Tks

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
Re: REPLACEMENT BATTERY FOR CNM TABLET
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 July 21 13:39 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure it is worth sourcing a replacement battery.

That version of Android is from around 2013. Second-hand CnM 9.7 tablets seem to be bringing £30-£40, and a decent battery would cost around half that.

It may be possible to "wake up" the existing battery; this involves "jump starting" it with a decent lithium cell to the point where the normal charging circuitry can take over. However you say that it wasn't much cop when it was newer.

The other option is to replace it with a different battery. The replacement would have to be of a "flat pack" type. These are harder to source than the cylindrical 18650 type, and space inside a tablet is at a premium. Your repair shop would have to be handy with their soldering iron too.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline rayard

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: REPLACEMENT BATTERY FOR CNM TABLET
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 July 21 14:28 BST (UK) »
I agree with Andrew. My husband decided to try and use his the other day, it had been unused for a while. It wouldn't charge properly, the system is out of date and he couldn't download anything. To add insult to injury the tiny memory card shot out and we can't find it!!
rayard.

Offline MaidinEngland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Battery for CNM Tablet
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 July 21 20:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you both for your replies and for the additional information.

You are both quite right - time for a new one!