Author Topic: Burial/death records 1900  (Read 20914 times)

Offline Karen Coatsworth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Burial/death records 1900
« Reply #27 on: Friday 13 August 21 05:39 BST (UK) »
You guys are amazing! thank you all so much :) how do you find all this information, just practice and experience?
This seems like its very likely to be All Saints, I will try again River Tyne Lass. Just to answer you Heywood, ultimately I am looking for evidence of the county/townland in Ireland that Hannah and John were born/married in- so a possible headstone/monument at the place of burial that would confirm this. So far there are a number of Family trees on Ancestry that indicate they were born in County Mayo, and this was confirmed by St Joseph's House for Hannah. Im really hoping to find something concrete- hence my determination to make sure its the right Hannah Mclane.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 13 August 21 08:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks Karen.

If those people mentioned here are your family, John McLane gives County Mayo as his birthplace in 1911, as does Patrick McLean .

Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 13 August 21 11:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks to other posts I have found her in the graves register.

Yes, she was buried at All Saints Cemetery, Jesmond on 30th May 1900, aged 77 in Section B, Grave 910 (am unsure but think the x on the image is some sort of check mark and not part of the grave ref)
and this is her on the graves register
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QHV-L3VC-2GBJ?

This grave register entry is not marked with a 'P' so is unlikely to be a private grave for which the burial rights were purchased, therefore the family would not have been able to erect a headstone and the other person in the grave may not be any relation to your Hannah.

The image says that the entry in the burials register is folio 54, entry 28305.
If you really want a copy of that (as the library has said they do not class burial look ups as a quick search) then email Tyne and Wear archives, give them her name, date of burial, cemetery name and folio and entry no. and they will provide a copy by email - the cost would be £7 (last one I had I was sent a link to pay online). Though unless you really want a copy for your records its not going to tell you anything new.

ADDED (why do I always forget something?)

Section plan of the cemetery can be seen here:
 http://www.margaret-hall-genealogy.com/USERIMAGES/All%20Saints%20Cemetery%20-%20Newcastlle.jpg

Boo

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 13 August 21 11:24 BST (UK) »
I love modern technology :-)

Google maps satellite view shows  the cemetery sections quite clearly, zoom in and out and compare what you see to the Section Plan and there are very few headstones visible in Unconsecrated Section B.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Osborne+Rd,+Jesmond,+Newcastle+upon+Tyne/@54.9856894,-1.5996192,560m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x487e70d9e68b3b7d:0xe876552f3e7ac3a7!8m2!3d54.9898573!4d-1.604741

Boo

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 13 August 21 11:56 BST (UK) »
Amazing Boo, take a bow :)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 13 August 21 12:06 BST (UK) »
Great work  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 13 August 21 12:28 BST (UK) »
Wasn't that difficult once others found it was All Saints.
She was RC so likely to be in the Unconsecrated (non- Anglican) section and these grave registers are not as complicated as Elswick (which wins hands down in the complicated stakes)

Had a firkle and there she was :-)
Okay so I paged through about 80 odd pages doing a quick scan down to see if a date of 1900 was on each page. I have a large screen so can see the whole page at once.
Took about 20 mins - but I have also saved a good few images to my 'possibles' folder which have names on which 'may' belong to me :-)

Boo

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 13 August 21 13:55 BST (UK) »
[quote author=Tickettyboo link=topic=851620.msg7197910#msg7197910 date=1628854090

Okay so I paged through about 80 odd pages doing a quick scan down to see if a date of 1900 was on each page.

Boo
[/quote]
Oh, is that all. There I was thinking it might have been a bit of a challenge.  ;) ::) :D

Great find, Boo.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 13 August 21 21:16 BST (UK) »
Well done Boo!  You have really come up trumps with finding the exact location for Hannah at All Saints! :D
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner