Author Topic: Steed family  (Read 310 times)

Offline dave-w

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Steed family
« on: Wednesday 04 August 21 11:55 BST (UK) »
Hi there  i am new here and i enjoy reading all the lookups i was hoping for a hand on the steed family in the UK my family lineage is up to Samuel steed he is 6x grandfather 1708 to1757 i just cannot find any info on Joshua steed samuels father

thanx for the help

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Steed family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 August 21 16:46 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat

Where in the UK? 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline dave-w

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 August 21 23:05 BST (UK) »
sorry all i have is Elizabeth Steed she was born in London her father was samuel steed and mother was Maria Sophia Barham that is all i have sorry

thanx dave

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 05 August 21 02:40 BST (UK) »
Is this is your Samuel STEED?

Samuel Stead
1708–1757
BIRTH 1708 • Stepney, Middlesex, , England
DEATH 25 JUL 1757 • London, Middlesex, England
Married Maria Sophia BARHAM at Westminster 1728

This Samuel's grandson, John ROGERS came to Australia in 1790

If this is your man there's an on-line tree with some information which would appear to be correct.

Baptism:
29 Jul 1708, St Dunstan and All Saints, Stepney, Tower Hamlets, Middlesex, England
Samuel, son of Joshua and Esther STEED, of M End, joyner (presumably Mile End)

(The spelling of the surname is STEAD on the marriage register for Samuel and Maria)

The tree shows a baptism register entry for Joshua STEED, son of Isaac and Elizabeth at St Mary, Whitechapel, Tower Hamlets, Middlesex, England, 7  December 1700.  The address of the father, Isaac, is very difficult to read but seems to be: "in the alley by Three Tuns at ??Street"  but I could be entirely wrong!

There  is some other information on the tree but I couldn't see how they had made the connections.
You can probably access Ancestry at a public library and sometimes Ancestry has a free trials.
You may get more help by putting an enquiry onto the Middlesex board of Rootschat and link it to this post.

Hope that helps.

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dave-w

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 05 August 21 02:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Judith this is the person indeed  i am just after joshua stead  now he is my 8x grandfather again thank you for your help

cheers dave