Author Topic: John SMITH 1898 Carlton, Victoria (Completed thank you to all)  (Read 791 times)

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John SMITH 1898 Carlton, Victoria
« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 August 21 02:06 BST (UK) »
May I butt in,

Thank you, mckha489 for the info, the lady I am helping knows nothing about John SMITH, she was always led to believe his middle name was William, his daughter is trying to find anything in regard to him, I haven't had much luck in my research, she asked me to find anything on his younger days, I have tried Trove but to no avail......will try another search.

Thank you again

Cienna

I think your John SMITH has a middle given name.   See one of your current threads :

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=851007.0

2nd marriage

JONES
Louisa Isbla
Marriage
SMITH, Jno Wm
1455/1919

JM

I am glad you remembered about that thread JM, I had forgotten. 

So starting again…..

Because as per the old thread, we had already found the second marriage of (Annie) Louisa Isbla Jones, née Ware.
to John Smith.   What are the details re John on that marriage certificate?

Offline Cienna

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 06 August 21 02:19 BST (UK) »
Thank you one and all, after a relative of the lady I am helping we have finally figured out what they need to know on John Smith...

Thank you all again.

Cienna

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 06 August 21 02:37 BST (UK) »

I am glad you remembered about that thread JM, I had forgotten. 

So starting again…..

Because as per the old thread, we had already found the second marriage of (Annie) Louisa Isbla Jones, née Ware.
to John Smith.   What are the details re John on that marriage certificate?

Thank you one and all, after a relative of the lady I am helping we have finally figured out what they need to know on John Smith...

Thank you all again.

Cienna

You can easily mark the thread completed by going back to your opening post and clicking on the TOPIC COMPLETED heading, modifying the topic heading doesn't have same outcome anymore.  A green tick is displayed once you have triggered the option when clicking on the button at the lower left hand section by the originator of the thread at their opening post.

https://www.rootschat.com/help/index.php

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John SMITH 1898 Carlton, Victoria (Completed thank you to all)
« Reply #12 on: Friday 06 August 21 09:04 BST (UK) »

I have added this reply to both your threads

John William SMITH died near Kyabram aged 69 .
Father John Oli SMITH.(sic) Mother Florence An Eager (sic)
Year 1968. Reg 831.

This death certificate would further answer your questions and perhaps confirm or otherwise, a second marriage.

During his early life, he and his siblings apparently lived mostly  in the Carlton area of Melbourne.
It looks like sometimes their father was with them, sometimes not.
Perhaps the marriage between Florence and John Oliver was a rocky relationship, but the electoral rolls show them at both separate and at shared addresses.

Florence filed for financial support in 1900 after John Oliver SMITH deserted her.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/241248276

The last of the registered children I can see is in 1905 Victoria.  The first to Florence being ex-nuptial in 1895.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cienna

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: John SMITH 1898 Carlton, Victoria (Completed thank you to all)
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 07 August 21 00:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you JM, I will remember that next time..Sue, thank you for that piece of info, I was having trouble finding something  on this family, I know the parents did separate, I will use the link you have supplied.

Thank you again.

Cienna

Offline Victoria1987

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 August 21 13:52 BST (UK) »
Hi I may be able to help the lady that your helping as I have info about and photo of who I think is John William smith.I’m his great granddaughter and I have be doing my own research on the family and would love to share with her