Author Topic: Royal Navy Allotments - Help with dates?  (Read 299 times)

Offline jmmhistory2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Royal Navy Allotments - Help with dates?
« on: Friday 06 August 21 13:01 BST (UK) »
I have some allotment records for a Royal Marine ancestor in the early 19th century. It lists him under a ship name, and the date he made an allotment. What I'm wondering is: when was he on the ship? Sorry if this is a silly question, but if the records on the same document were being filled out at different times, with info being kept on the allotments payment over time, I couldn't be sure when exactly he was on the ship. For example, on one allotment record, he made the allotment in 1812. However, next to the ship name it says the ship was at Plymouth in 1815. And it says in one column "charged on pay books ending 1814". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Navy Allotments - Help with dates?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 August 21 14:03 BST (UK) »
If his record is on line,can you post a link?

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline jmmhistory2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Navy Allotments - Help with dates?
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 August 21 12:35 BST (UK) »
https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=S2%2FGBM%2FADM27%2F102120510%2F00123&parentid=GBM%2FADM27%2F000131238

Name here is John Linigar. I know he was on the same ship at the Battle of Baltimore in Sept 1814. Just wondering what range I could comfortably say he was on the ship. To see the Plymouth comment, you have to go a few pages back.