Author Topic: Ronald and John McAllister and 2 McCallum sisters. Any information available  (Read 1716 times)

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Ronald and John McAllister and 2 McCallum sisters. Any information available
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 14 August 21 20:19 BST (UK) »
Someone on Ancestry has added a marriage reg for a Ronald McAllister Blair, 28 yrs old, son of William Blair and Isabella McKillop. Marriage year is 1943 and the marriage took place in Largs, Ayrshire. Bride Mary Lamont.

Looby, wondering if this connects to the birth you found for a boy with this name in 1914? There might be more with the same name of course!

Monica

Added: For those with a subs to A/try, link to tree www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/16741596/person/29345470472/facts
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dooker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ronald and John McAllister and 2 McCallum sisters. Any information available
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 14 August 21 20:31 BST (UK) »
   MonicaL

Looby gave me the birth of 1914 and I looked it up and it is the same couple.

He Ronald McAllister died 1982 and Mary Lamont died 20 05 2002 Both in Largs.

They are all part of that Family tree I looked at. Actually 2 trees and over 3000 photos.  No idea where the Tree Family person lives as that is always under private, as living.

BT Telephone book has a person with the tree name at the same Street where Alexander Martin Blair and parents  lived It is Stormyland str Barrhead. I may do a cold call one day.

Enjoy your evening.

Dooker