Author Topic: Mothers Lineage  (Read 1078 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Mothers Lineage
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 11 August 21 07:01 BST (UK) »
From Sarah's d.c.  in the column where her date of death is, on the left hand end ... notice the actual locality is recorded.  It could well read "Brown's Creek".  If so, in the 1870s Mining started there.  It's near Blayney. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 11 August 21 07:06 BST (UK) »
Also. Death cert says been in NSW 37 years, so the 1871 census attached cannot be her
So can forget about Putsland. Even if 37years not entirely accurate.
Side tracked to a friend’s very interesting Norfolk families. MORGAN, PRATT, HORNOR, SUCKLING, GLEANE etc. And in London DOWNES, du CROZ, MORGAN (same MORGANs as the Norwich lot)

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 11 August 21 07:23 BST (UK) »
According to the tree…. Sarah Ann Matthews b “Putsland” Somerset? I can’t see such a place.  :-\

This is the original, Ancestry have it transcribed as Ireland, but I don't think that is correct. "Pitt Mill" is for father John, then the next two for mother Mary Ann and dau Sarah Ann, then Bermondsey for dau Flora MATTHEWS.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 11 August 21 07:37 BST (UK) »
Oh, you're right mckha, yes if she'd been in Oz for about 37 years then this can't be her.

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 11 August 21 07:46 BST (UK) »
The information on the death certificate has been given by her 14 year old daughter, and may not be very accurate. I would recommend getting the marriage certificate for more accurate details.
Marriage in CARCOAR
2284/1876   
EASSIE     WILLIAM
MATTHEWS    SARAH A   

As Neale said, I think obtaining this marriage cert is crucial.
Side tracked to a friend’s very interesting Norfolk families. MORGAN, PRATT, HORNOR, SUCKLING, GLEANE etc. And in London DOWNES, du CROZ, MORGAN (same MORGANs as the Norwich lot)

Online Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 11 August 21 08:39 BST (UK) »
That Matthews family in Bermondsey might be related to yours due to the father John being from Pitt Mill.

Offline dave-w

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 11 August 21 08:45 BST (UK) »
yes i see thank you all of eassie children  were mostly born in Browns creek and Blayney i didnt pick that up . I have william eassie in browns creek since 1876 where he got married.

cheers dave

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 11 August 21 09:42 BST (UK) »
That Matthews family in Bermondsey might be related to yours due to the father John being from Pitt Mill.

I could be wrong, but I think John MATTHEWS from Pitt Mill (who married Mary Ann BABB) came from wishful thinking that this is the family of Sarah Ann. I can't see how the information provided on the death certificate would lead to this family. As was noted earlier the death cert says Sarah Ann's place of birth was Liverpool. Hopefully the marriage certificate will confirm.

Btw, I couldn't help but try to work out that place name on the 1871 - as the 1861 for this family has her birth at Kilve, Somerset, I wonder if the place name on the 1871 is meant to be Putsham?

Online Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 11 August 21 09:48 BST (UK) »
Of course you are right Maddy.  There has been a mix up of the various Matthews families.

I agree that the marriage certificate is necessary to move ahead with this.  :)