Author Topic: John Francis Lassiter AKA James Francis Wall or Rupert Henry  (Read 551 times)

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Francis Lassiter AKA James Francis Wall or Rupert Henry
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 11 August 21 11:28 BST (UK) »
Side tracked to a friendís very interesting Norfolk families. MORGAN, PRATT, HORNOR, SUCKLING, GLEANE etc. And in London DOWNES, du CROZ, MORGAN (same MORGANs as the Norwich lot)

Offline kdsoph

• RootsChat Member
  • Australian Heritage - why did my ancestors leave?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 11 August 21 11:36 BST (UK) »
Found the divorce

Starting with this public notice

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/230122704?searchTerm=Myrene%20vesta%20Miriam%20Henry

Fabulous. So this supports Rupert being John Lassiter as it looks as though he waited for a divorce before marrying Gladys in 1933
Fordham, Armstrong, Blanch, Baker, Jackson, Clarke, Moffat, Wall, Heaney, Caples, Callinan, Hennessy

Medieval: Browne, Cooke, Scot, Bridgwood, Mee

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 11 August 21 13:29 BST (UK) »
https://search.records.nsw.gov.au/permalink/f/1ebnd1l/ADLIB_RNSW110880717
NRS-13495-14-96-380/1932 | Divorce papers Myrene Vesta Miriam Henry - Rupert Henry
17-03-1932 to 08-06-1933

Offline kdsoph

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 11 August 21 14:14 BST (UK) »
https://search.records.nsw.gov.au/permalink/f/1ebnd1l/ADLIB_RNSW110880717
NRS-13495-14-96-380/1932 | Divorce papers Myrene Vesta Miriam Henry - Rupert Henry
17-03-1932 to 08-06-1933

That's fantastic!  Thank you
So the divorce was finalized  8th June 1933 and John Lassiter married 24th June 1933. Still could be Rupert then. Jeez
Fordham, Armstrong, Blanch, Baker, Jackson, Clarke, Moffat, Wall, Heaney, Caples, Callinan, Hennessy

Offline kdsoph

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 12 August 21 00:08 BST (UK) »
Is there a way to look for a death record Australia-wide rather than state by state? Perhaps James Wall died in another state and that's why Rupert/John Lassiter had to change his identity. (or the other way around)

Offline Forguette

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 12 August 21 02:49 BST (UK) »
Have you any photos of James Moffat/Wall pre 1933? Passport, maybe. Or photos as a child?

Edit to add:
Are there photos of wedding to Gladys?
Is the son born 1940 still alive?
If not, Did he have any children?  Get their DNA.
Get your Grandmother's cousin to do a DNA.
Get Eddy's DNA.
And what about Vivienne and her offspring?
Surely the DNA route would be the quickest, easiest solution?

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 12 August 21 03:23 BST (UK) »
Is there a way to look for a death record Australia-wide rather than state by state? Perhaps James Wall died in another state and that's why Rupert/John Lassiter had to change his identity. (or the other way around)

There are only eight jurisdictions to search across, and not all are available online.   

The indexes that are available from the commercial family history websites are actually compilations of compliations, and can carry their own flaws as well as the flaws from the original indexes.

Each state/territory has its own system for registering BDM events and for providing access to the general public to their records.  So each of those eight jurisdictions have their own laws as to who can gain access and how much time needs to have passed before the general public can access their state/territory based records.

So for example, if you were United Kingdom focused, you would not look for a death certificate in Scotland records if the death occurred in Wales - or if you were United States of America focused you would not look in Hawaii for a death in New York....  There's 50 jurisdictions or more in the USA...

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 12 August 21 03:44 BST (UK) »
In the years before WWII, many of the registers records were written in longhand, across quite a number of those eight jurisdictions.... So it is also worthwhile to consider there may be mis-reads in the indexes.... WALL

Some alternatives include  WELL,  MILL, MALL, WATT, WOLL, WALT,  MALT,  ....

It can also be useful to consider looking across the Tasman to their BDM online indexes too...
https://www.bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/search
and their papers past website too https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers

And theres plenty to check out on the bdm sites noted on the various resources board here at the Australian Resources board : https://www.rootschat.com/forum/australia-resources-offers/ too.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline kdsoph

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 13 August 21 00:21 BST (UK) »
Have you any photos of James Moffat/Wall pre 1933? Passport, maybe. Or photos as a child?
No. How would I find his passport? that would help!

Edit to add:
Are there photos of wedding to Gladys? No
Is the son born 1940 still alive? No. and he and his sister were apparently adopted
If not, Did he have any children?  Get their DNA. Eddy contacted their daughter who shut her down and asked her not to ask questions about her father
Get your Grandmother's cousin to do a DNA. He doesn't know about this and is very elderly. I will approach him gently but wouldn't my DNA do? or did I just miss something?
Get Eddy's DNA. Eddy has done hers and so have I. we both have ours registered with Ancestry.com. I unfortunately linked mine to another tree so we thought it may take time to find matches once I fixed that. Neither of us are great with DNA and how to use it, except for matches
And what about Vivienne and her offspring? They know nothng. Will ask Eddy if any have done their DNA
Surely the DNA route would be the quickest, easiest solution?