Author Topic: Richard OLIVER in Northumberland  (Read 1218 times)

Offline ChrissieL

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Ben and John Hardman meeting up in Cairo
    • View Profile
Re: Richard OLIVER in Northumberland
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 15 August 21 15:31 BST (UK) »
I saw that Richard Oliver too. He seemed to be the only one born in Carlisle. What a mystery!  On the 1900 US census (from family Search), it gives Richard and his wife Elizabeth as being married for 39 years having had 9 children with 5 living.  I don't think Elizabeth is his second wife although when, where or if they married I can't find any information.  I did see on one of the Familysearch documents I looked at (although I can't find it again) Elizabeth gives her birth place as Sheffield.  I'll keep looking

Chris
Staffordshire: Lawton Probyn Horrobin
Durham: Bamlett Hardman Winship Robinson
Suffolk: Leggett

Offline Uff Da

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard OLIVER in Northumberland
« Reply #19 on: Monday 16 August 21 20:39 BST (UK) »
Well...my Great Uncle Wes, last living grandson of Richard Oliver, died this weekend.   :(  I had been planning on getting in touch with him to see if he had any personal knowledge of where Richard came from in England.  Too late now. 

Don't put off talking to your relatives about family history, friends!  I'm a shy person and it is hard for me to reach out to people, but I always regret it when I chicken out, and lose forever an opportunity to get personal stories, knowledge, and experiences.   :'(

When my dad told me the news, he also told me that my aunt was trying to get in touch with me about the Oliver genealogy.  I will see her at the funeral this coming Saturday, and hopefully she will have some new info for me.   

Once again, I really appreciate the help I have gotten on this forum!  I wish my aunt was willing to get online!