Author Topic: Brown, Frederick Harrison  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Ratty2

• RootsChat Senior
  • Burg Crest Schleswig-Holstein
    • View Profile
Re: Brown, Frederick Harrison
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 31 August 21 02:02 BST (UK) »
That's great, Thank you very much.
Schleswig-Holstein:- Rathgen; Rathjen; Oelkers; Behnke; Scheel; Rothgarn; Normanns; Scotland:- Lindsay

Offline Ratty2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 September 21 04:47 BST (UK) »
Frederick Brown's wife was Maude Cassell. She was born in Allahabad (then India) and married Fred 20 Oct 1927 at Peshawar.
I am still waiting to hear back from MOD with Fred's service records.
BUT
in the meantime checking out if it might be possible to see whether or not Maude returned to Sussex with their son Basil Cecil Frederick Harrison Brown who was born 31 Dec 1927. Whether or not Frederick is buried at Brighton Cemetery (he was buried in India - British Library Africa and Asia section has no record of his death or burial) then I presume Maude went there to supervise the inscription on her husband's grave.
So where did she go and how did she live until 1943, when she appears at Perth West Australia?
Are there any records in Sussex for the years 1935-1943.
I have yet to find a migration record to Australia.
Your assistance is, as ever, invaluable.
Schleswig-Holstein:- Rathgen; Rathjen; Oelkers; Behnke; Scheel; Rothgarn; Normanns; Scotland:- Lindsay

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 September 21 08:09 BST (UK) »
Whether or not Frederick is buried at Brighton Cemetery (he was buried in India - British Library Africa and Asia section has no record of his death or burial) then I presume Maude went there to supervise the inscription on her husband's grave.

The evidence strongly suggests that the inscription was commissioned by his siblings: it memorialises "our brother".

https://billiongraves.com/grave/Frederick-Harrison-Brown/19131439
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ratty2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 18 September 21 03:40 BST (UK) »
Yes,I see that. Thanks
But are there any telephone books etc available to check the wherabouts of Maude?

Offline Ratty2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 29 October 21 02:15 BST (UK) »
The earliest ancestor I have for this chap is Jonathan Brown, born (or is that baptized?) 15 May 1776, Kent Street, Lindfield, Sussex. (From the 1841 Census). His wife was Mary Harborough. they married in 1844 at East Grinstead; and had six children.
Is there a baptism record for Mary Harborough, please?
Thank you