Author Topic: NSW Land Records online - help please  (Read 572 times)

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
NSW Land Records online - help please
« on: Sunday 15 August 21 07:08 BST (UK) »
Hi all. I am busily looking up records on the NSWHLRV at the moment learning how to use it (very complex at first but I'm getting the hang of it).
I am wondering if someone can advise me.

I have three blocks of land granted in a town. 2 of the blocks are purchased in 1861 and I found them in the Old System Records and I managed to track down the original deed (?) but it doesn't give any further reference numbers or details to follow this forward in time. I already have maps of the blocks.
I have tried LRS to convert street address to VOL-FOL but the number is volume number is too high and I would have to order the document (which I don't want to at present).
All I have is the year, serial number, page number. Is there any other way to search for more on these two blocks at NSWHLRV?

For the third block located in the town, again I have the original deed (?) from Old system register and records, but the street address and all nearby blocks are not recognised in LRS when I try to convert to a VOL-FOL. Block is not built on. From the satellite map it looks like the whole block is now under one range of numbers (title?) but when I click on it LRS just tells me it invalid. Any ideas?

Thanks, Katharine.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: NSW Land Records online - help please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 August 21 07:51 BST (UK) »
Hi all. I am busily looking up records on the NSWHLRV at the moment learning how to use it (very complex at first but I'm getting the hang of it).
I am wondering if someone can advise me.

I have three blocks of land granted in a town. 2 of the blocks are purchased in 1861 and I found them in the Old System Records and I managed to track down the original deed (?) but it doesn't give any further reference numbers or details to follow this forward in time. I already have maps of the blocks.
I have tried LRS to convert street address to VOL-FOL but the number is volume number is too high and I would have to order the document (which I don't want to at present).
All I have is the year, serial number, page number. Is there any other way to search for more on these two blocks at NSWHLRV?

For the third block located in the town, again I have the original deed (?) from Old system register and records, but the street address and all nearby blocks are not recognised in LRS when I try to convert to a VOL-FOL. Block is not built on. From the satellite map it looks like the whole block is now under one range of numbers (title?) but when I click on it LRS just tells me it invalid. Any ideas?

Thanks, Katharine.

Do you have the parish maps showing those 3 blocks .... if so, there are reference numbers  for each block,  so the CP (conditional purchase) etc .... and other handwritten details in those survey-drafter drawn plans..  :)

I am not at my home, so I don't have my trusty reference book and it's lockdown covid at the moment. 

I did up a thread some years ago which gave live link to a PDF that may help. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 August 21 08:00 BST (UK) »
I think you ate looking for the:

Old Form Torrens Title...

Is that right?

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 August 21 09:38 BST (UK) »
Hi JM
I just went back and checked and as I thought, it only has the lot number on each block of land, then the section number.
Yes, looking for Torrens records as the one I have is pretty much towards end of old system records.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 15 August 21 10:07 BST (UK) »
If you send me a PM  I will help find the DP number

JM

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 20 August 21 08:45 BST (UK) »
A further issue with land records that I have is an ancestor sold a parcel of land in West Tamworth in 1875 as I have the land record.
It lists the purchaser, but I can't see anything else relevant that will help me find the original purchase earlier by my ancestor.
Any tips for searching that one?

Thank, Katharine.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 20 August 21 23:44 BST (UK) »

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 21 August 21 08:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks for links JM.

I should also have added that the land in question in located in (West) Tamworth which only shows on the town maps at NSWHLRV as Private Town.

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 21 August 21 09:04 BST (UK) »
But I do see on the deed in question that it has a Deposited Deeds Packet No.
I assume I can do something with that?