Author Topic: Looking for Tierney - Pawley marriage circa 1888  (Read 2612 times)

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Tierney - Pawley marriage circa 1888
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 21 August 21 10:03 BST (UK) »

... I was going from the free index on UHF, but they do include births, and it seems they include "civil birth records for Belfast (incomplete)"

Yes, the UHF index has civil records as well, that's probably what happened. I now doubt if George Pauley existed, I wouldn't be surprised if George Bell didn't exist either, there was clearly some fabrication going on by Fanny.  Which also makes me more uncertain whether she and James actually got married. 

Offline marykatequinn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 17 November 21 16:17 GMT (UK) »
I too am researching James Tierney and Fanny Pauley.

My great grandfather was Andrew Tierney.  There was an Andrew born in 1902 who died then my gg was born a few years later and called after him.

I am totally confused by Fanny Pauley and unable to find anything on her, James or this George person!

I would be interested if you have any steering.  The fact that James tierney was no longer there in 1911 census is also a mystery. 

Just pointing out - When Fanny had her first born William, she would have only been 16 years old.  I cannot see how she was married prior to that.  I am uncertain of a birth cert for her, but she was 29 years old in the 1901 census.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 17 November 21 22:37 GMT (UK) »
I am uncertain of a birth cert for her, but she was 29 years old in the 1901 census.

That age could easily be an underestimate by 10+ years..... In 1911, 10 years later, she is stated to be 47!
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 17 November 21 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Link to Fanny Pawley birth 1866
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1866/03517/2293622.pdf

The Fanny Pawley born 1866 in Co. Tyrone was baptized Catholic. That is inconsistent with religion as stated on the 1911 census (Prestbyterian),  but consistent with 1901.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area