Author Topic: Marriage between Eugene Streeter and Hazel Maria Hartman  (Read 592 times)

Offline meekhcs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage between Eugene Streeter and Hazel Maria Hartman
« on: Tuesday 24 August 21 03:27 BST (UK) »
This couple had a son Robert Taurus Streeter bn in 1922 in Colorado USA so I am assuming the marriage took place there too. Unfortunately marriage records for the period are do not appear to be online.
If anyone can help me I would be very grateful.
I have no further info for Eugene Streeter. I found his name on the social security appln. and claims index under the name of his son.A marriage would hopefully provide clues to his Father, his profession etc.
Hazel Maria Hartman was born in 1895 in Colarado to Frank McQuiety Hartman and his wife Emma. I have managed to document her life. She and Eugene did not stay together.

Thank you

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage between Eugene Streeter and Hazel Maria Hartman
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 August 21 09:52 BST (UK) »
Have you looked for him on the 1920/1930 census?  Is there any evidence (eg) divorce that they were ever married?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline meekhcs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 August 21 10:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply
I live in the UK  and I have used Ancestry and FamilySearch. To date I haven't found him on the census or any divorce records. I keep checking back in case new records appear but without any info bar his name I don't even know where he came from.
I have considered that they never married. Their son was given his Father's surname. His birth cert may shed some light but again I haven't found it.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 August 21 10:36 BST (UK) »
Hazel and Robert appear on the 1930 census with Hazel's parents. She says she is divorced.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ-GRCM-BSQ?cc=1810731&personaUrl=%2Fark%3A%2F61903%2F1%3A1%3AXCMH-L71

Hazel also says she was 28 when married, so c1923.  :-\

Modified to add:
The 1930 census also has son Robert's father's place of birth as New York.

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 August 21 10:47 BST (UK) »
Robert's WWII Draft Reg (in New York City) says he was born  April 29, 1922, Denver, CO

His Soc Security info says he died 25 Mar 1997, no location on the application.

edit from the SSDI
Last Residence:    11355, Flushing, Queens, New York, USA

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 24 August 21 11:13 BST (UK) »
Hazel is at home in 1920, age 25, working on her father's paper, so no evidence she ever left Colorado.

There is a Eugene Jarvis Streeter, b 1899, in Fresno, California, but no evidence he ever left Fresno except to go to prison for stealing (and passing?) bad checks. Died in Sacramento.

There is a Wilbur Eugene Streeter in the California prison system as well, not sure yet where he spent his life.

And the man we are looking for is not William Eugene Streeter of the Niagara Falls, NY, area. He married there about 1919.

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 24 August 21 11:14 BST (UK) »
There is a Wilbur Eugene Streeter in the California prison system as well, not sure yet where he spent his life.

Too young, born 1919 in New York.

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 24 August 21 11:17 BST (UK) »

And the man we are looking for is not William Eugene Streeter of the Niagara Falls, NY, area. He married there about 1919.
And is in Buffalo NY in 1925 with his wife and 2 children, age 4 and 1. So he is not Robert's father.

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 24 August 21 11:35 BST (UK) »
Not that this is of any help finding his father Eugene from his WW11 draft record (as mentioned)
Residence 319 East 50 St New York
Other named person on record card
Charles A Johnson

Robert Streeter is with Charles A & his mother Lydia H Johnson on 1940 US census
address East 40 St., Robert noted as cousin, I think Lydia is Lilian Hartman Johnson bn 1863 , journalist she is noted as Divorced and with her son Charles A Johnson
on 1910 US census