Author Topic: Investigations by BDM over delayed Registrations Victoria in 1890  (Read 503 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Investigations by BDM over delayed Registrations Victoria in 1890
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 29 August 21 01:18 BST (UK) »
What a confuddlement... :D  somehow your posts with the two death certificate images has landed on your thread on the topic of Īnvestigations by BDM over delayed Registrations Victoria in 1890. 

If you were to contact a global moderator, I am sure they can hive them off into a new thread with a new subject line.

I cannot see any reason for any  enquiry or  investigation on delayed registrations coming about based on those two deaths as they don't appear to have been delayedin any way.  Dr Edward Harkness had been recently approved as the government medico in the area.  It seems likely he was present at or very shortly after baby's birth,  as he last saw the baby on 24 February.   

Baby's father would only be on the birth registration IF he was the informant,  but if you are keen to follow through, that would be a record to consider........

I never said there was any  issue around Mary Smith or her baby  being registered late.
Separate story all togeather .

The babys Father has always been unknown,

So, back to 1890 and delayed registrations in Victoria ....  Have you tried the Votes and Proceedings for Victoria's Parliament?

https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/assembly/votes-aamp-proceeding-minutes/votes-proceedings-digitised/2-legislative-assembly/articles/2311-14th-parliament-votes

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 29 August 21 07:53 BST (UK) »
Susiee, 

May I please ask you to confirm that you are again asking about the birth certificate for Mary Helen ANDREWS who married in 1916 in Collingwood and who died in Malaya in 1931. There are several threads .  One of those threads has a  signficant discussion about the birth regIstration in Feb 1890 of Mary Helen SCALES born late December 1889.  Born Mitta Mitta, birth registration no. 5923.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline susiee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 29 August 21 09:42 BST (UK) »
Actually absolutely  nothing to do with it at all .

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 29 August 21 11:10 BST (UK) »
Actually absolutely  nothing to do with it at all .

Good to know,  thank you.

I share a message from one of my rellies, a retired NSW BDM officer.   

Have you written a letter to Vic bdm, and asked them about any investigation about   delayed 1890 birth registration.?

Likely they would need to know which birth registration you are concerned about, so please do include their reference number and the child's names and details as recorded on your copy of their official record.   

JM.

Offline susiee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 29 August 21 20:22 BST (UK) »
Thankyou   i   was   about to  do that.